If you are wondering as to why you Can’t Delete Certain Photos from iPhone, you will find below the steps to remove such Photos from iPhone or iPad.
Why Can’t I Delete Photos from iPhone?
The Photos App on iPhone allows you to Edit Photos, organize photos, videos, screen shots into Albums and Delete unwanted Photos.
In addition to showing Photos stored on the actual internal storage of your iPhone, the Photos App also shows iCloud Photos and Photos synced from other devices.
If you are unable to delete certain photos on iPhone, it is most likely that these Photos are either originating from iCloud or from other devices (Mac, iPad or Windows computer).
With this understanding, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to remove iCloud Photos and Photos Synced from other devices on iPhone.
1. Restart iPhone
Sometimes, the problem can be caused by a technical glitch. Hence, restart your iPhone and then try to delete those photos (if they are still showing).
Go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Shut Down. Wait for 60 seconds and Restart iPhone by pressing the Power button.
Move to the next steps, if you those undeletable Photos are still showing in the Photos App.
2. Turn OFF iCloud Photos
If iCloud Photos is turned ON, Photos App will show iCloud Photos and the only way to remove these Photos from iPhone is to switch OFF iCloud Photos.
1. Go to Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name and then tap on iCloud.
2. Next, tap on Photos and move the toggle next to iCloud Photos to OFF position.
Now, when you go to Photos App, you won’t be able to see iCloud Photos.
3. Remove Photos Synced from other Devices
If turning OFF iCloud Photos did not fix the problem, it is most likely that you have photos synced via the Finder or iTunes on your iPhone.
The only way to remove Synced Photos from iPhone is to connect your device to the same Mac or PC from which the Photos were originally imported from.
2.1. Remove Synced Photos from iPhone Using Mac
If you are using a Mac, follow the steps below to remove Synced Photos from your iPhone.
1. Plug iPhone into Mac using its supplied lightning cable.
2. Click on the Finder icon and select your iPhone in the side menu.
3. Next, click on Photos (1) tab > check Selected Albums (2) option and Uncheck Photo Albums (3) containing Synced Photos that you want to remove from iPhone.
4. After you are done unchecking Photo Albums, click on the Apply button.
5. Wait for the changes to Sync with your iPhone.
Once the syncing process is completed, all the Synced Photos will be removed from your iPhone.
2.2. Remove Synced Photos from iPhone Using Windows computer
In case of Windows computer, the interface is a bit different, but the steps are the same.
1. Plug iPhone into Windows Computer using its supplied lightning cable.
2. Open iTunes and click on the Phone icon as it appears in iTunes.
3. Select Photos (1) in side menu > check Selected folders (2) option > Uncheck Photo Albums (3) containing Synced Photos that you want to remove from iPhone and click on Apply.
4. Wait for the changes to Sync with your iPhone.
Once the Syncing Process is completed, all the Synced Photos will be removed from iPhone.