Creating Folders to group Similar Apps on iPhone is a good way to reduce the clutter on the Home screen of your iPhone and get things organized the way it works best for you. Also, you can move an important Folder to the Dock Area of your iPhone for easy access.
Grouping Apps in Folders
Since there is no clear option to create Folders on iPhone, there are many users who haven’t thought of or tried to create Folders on iPhone. However, creating Folders and naming those Folders is easy, once you get used to the trick of Creating Folders on iPhone.
As mentioned above, grouping Apps by placing them in properly named Folders can help you stay organized and quickly find what you are looking for.
For example, you can group all your Music Apps in a Folder appropriately named as Music and all your Financial Apps in a Folder called “Finance” or “Money”.
You may find this setup more convenient, clutter free and organized, compared to having all your Apps scattered on the Home Screen.
Create Folders For Apps on iPhone
Follow the steps below to create Folders on your iPhone and name those Folders
1. In order to create a Folder on iPhone, you will first need to figure out at-least Two Apps that you want to put in a Folder.
2. Now, Tap and Hold on the First App, until all the Apps on the screen of your iPhone start wiggling or shaking.
Note: In case of iPhone 6s and above, do not press too hard (or else 3D touch will come into play) – Lightly Tapping and Holding should do the job.
3. As the Apps are shaking, drag the Second App on to the First app that you had selected for grouping.
When the First App seems to merge into the Second one, take your finger off the screen. This will immediately create a Folder containing the First and the Second App.
4. You will see a New Folder created on the screen of your iPhone with a name as suggested by iOS. You can go with the same name or Edit the name of the Folder by tapping on the suggested Name and using the keyboard to type.
5. To Add more Apps to this Folder, tap on the home button to Minimize the Folder and then drag more Apps into the Folder.
6. When you have added all the Apps that you wanted to Add to the Folder. Click on the Home button to Save your changes.
Editing and Deleting Existing Folders On iPhone
1. To edit an existing Folder, Tap and Hold on the Folder until it begins to shake.
2. As the Folder is shaking, tap on it a second time. You will see the contents on the Folder on the screen of your iPhone.
3. Now, you can Remove Apps from this Folder by dragging them out of the Folder. You can Change or Edit the Folder name by tapping on its existing Name.
4. To delete a Folder, you will need to Empty the Folder by dragging all the Apps out of it. The Folder will disappear when there are no Apps in it.
5. After you Edit a Folder, Add Apps or Delete Apps from the Folder, make sure that you press the Home button to save the changes.
Move Folder to iPhone Dock
In case you did not know, the bottom portion of your iPhone where you can see Four Apps across the screen is called the Dock.
You can Move Folders to the dock area of iPhone, in case this makes it convenient for you to access the Folder. However, to do this you will have to drag one of the existing Apps in the Dock to the main area of the Home Screen
1. Tap and Hold on one of the Apps in the Dock and drag it to the Main area of the home screen.
2. Now, Tap and Hold on the Folder that you want to move from the main area and Drag it into the Dock Area.