If you are a user of Snapchat then chances are that you have used Snapchat’s Geofilters before. In this article we will be showing you how to create your own Snapchat Geofilters.
Snapchat Geofilters can be defined as special overlays that readily communicate the “where and when” of a Snap in a fun filled way.
Apart from businesses which create their own Snapchat Geofilters for promotional purposes, there are tons of regular users who have been leaving their mark on social media by creating their own custom designed Snapchat Geofilters.
In case required, you too can create your own Custom Designed Snapchat Geofilters for special events like birthdays, Marriage or other such occasions by following the steps described below in this article.
The prices for Custom Designed Geofilters start from $5 and the cost goes up depending on your time frame and the area of the Geofilter location.
Create Your Own Snapchat Geofilter
Follow the steps below to create your own Custom Designed Snapchat Geofilter.
1. On your computer visit snapchat.com/on-demand
2. Next, click on the Create Now button (See image below) and sign-in to your Snapchat account whenever you are prompted to do so.
3. On the next screen, you will see two options – Use Your Own and Create Online. The first option allows you to upload your own Geofilter, in case you have already designed one using photoshop or other design tools.
The second option allows you to Create your own Geofilter Online, by making use of simple online tools and templates that Snapchat makes available for its users. (See image below).
4. Click on the Design button to start the process of creating your own Geofilter Online (See image above)
5. On the next screen, you will be able to choose the occasion for which you want to create a Geofilter (See image below).
6. The next screen allows you to select a Layout and Color for your Geofilter. (See Steps 1 and 2 in image below)
7. On the same screen, you can add Text or Upload an image to your Geofilter by clicking on the Text and upload icons, located near the top right corner of your screen. (See Step #3 in image above)
8. Once you are done with the design, take a look at the preview of your design and click on the Next button (See Step #4 in image above).
Choose Snapchat Geofilter Date
Now that you have designed your own Custom Snapchat Geofilter, the next step is to choose the date and time you want your Snapchat Geofilter to be active.
1. Choose the Start Date and End Date for your Snapchat Geofilter
2. Next, choose the Start Time and the End Time for your Snapchat Geofilter
3. Once you have finished selecting the date and time, click on the Next button to continue.
Note: The maximum amount of time you can select is 32 days, while the minimum is 1 hour.
Choose Snapchat Geofilter Location and Submit Geofilter for Review
After selecting the date and time for your Snapchat Geofilter, the next step is to choose a location for your Geofilter and also to submit your Geofilter to Snapchat for review.
1. Select a location for your Geofilter by typing the address in the search box (See image below)
2. Snapchat will pin-point the location of your Geofilter on the Map
3. Next, click on the Draw Fence button, to draw the exact area you want your Geofilter to be active in. (See image above)
4. Draw the area you want the Geofilter to be active in. In case you are not happy with the area you have selected, click on Reset Fence, to draw a new area.
Tip: To cover a smaller area, zoom into the map
5. Once you are happy with the Snapchat Geofilter area that you have drawn, click on Next (See image above)
6. On the next screen, you will be required to provide a Name for your Geofilter, fill in your Payment details and click on Submit.
Snapchat will now review your Geofilter within 1 day; once approved the Geofilter will be activated in the location and time frame that you have specified.