Although, Apple does not provide a clear option to Delete Photo Albums on iPhone, it is really easy to get rid of unwanted Photo Albums from iPhone and iPad.
Delete Photo Albums on iPhone or iPad
Once a Photo Album is created on iPhone, it will continue to remain on your device, even if you delete all the Photos in that particular Album.
While blank Photo albums do not take up any storage space on iPhone, they end up cluttering the Photos App with unwanted Photo Albums.
The obvious solution in this case is to delete all the blank or unwanted Photo Albums from your device.
However, Apple does not provide a clear option to delete Photos on iPhone, which leaves most people wondering about how to get rid of all the blank and unwanted Photo Albums from iPhone.
1. Steps to Remove Photo Albums from iPhone
Follow the steps below to remove Empty or Unwanted Photo Albums on iPhone.
1. Open Photos App > select the Albums tab in bottom menu and tap on See All option located top-right corner.
2. On My Albums screen, tap on the Edit option located at top-right corner.
3. Next, tap on the red minus icon next to the Album that you want to delete from iPhone.
4. On the Confirmation pop-up, tap on Delete to confirm.
The selected Photo Album will be immediately removed from your iPhone.
Unable to Delete Photo Album on iPhone
While Photo Albums created by users can be easily deleted on iPhone, certain Photo Albums are protected and you won’t be able to delete them on iPhone.
If you are unable to delete a Photo Album on iPhone, it is most likely to be one of the following type of protected Album.
- The Camera Roll
- Media Type Albums (Videos, Selfies, Screenshots, Panorama)
- Synced Photo Albums from Mac or Windows computer
- Photo Albums Created by iPhone (People, Places)
Apart from above, you should be able delete all other Photo Albums, right on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Delete Synced Photo Albums from Mac on iPhone
If your iPhone is showing Photo Albums from Mac or PC, these are Synced Photo Albums and cannot be deleted using above steps.
The only way to remove Synced Photo Albums from iPhone is by using iTunes on your Mac or PC.
1. Plug iPhone into Mac or PC using its supplied lightning cable.
2. Open Finder and select your iPhone in the side menu.
Note: On a Windows computer, open iTunes > click on Phone icon as it appears in iTunes menu and then select your iPhone in the side menu.
3. Next, click on Photos (1) tab > make sure Selected Albums (2) option is selected > Uncheck Photo Albums (3) that you want to remove from iPhone and click on Apply.
Note: This method removes only Synced Photos Albums from Mac on iPhone. Albums created on iPhone won’t be affected.
4. Wait for the changes to Sync with your iPhone.
Once the syncing process is completed, only the selected Photo Albums will remain on your device, while all the unselected or unchecked Photo Albums will be removed from iPhone.