Users have reported the case of Contacts Disappeared from iPhone. You can find below the steps to fix the issue of Contacts Missing or Contacts not showing on iPhone.
Why Contacts Disappeared from iPhone?
In general, the issue of Contacts missing on iPhone is related to iCloud Contacts being accidentally disabled, iCloud Contacts not syncing to iPhone after a software update or a hard restart.
Apart from this, the problem can also be caused due to incorrect iCloud Settings, iCloud glitches, Email Contacts not syncing on your device and other reasons.
1. Re-sync iCloud Contacts
If Contacts have suddenly disappeared from iPhone, you should be able to get back Contacts on your device by disabling and then enabling iCloud access to Contacts App.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name > iCloud > Show All > On the next screen, move the toggle next to Contacts to OFF position.
2. On the pop-up, select Keep on My iPhone option. After 30 seconds, enable iCloud Contacts back on your device by moving the toggle next to Contacts to ON position.
3. On the next pop-up, select the Merge option.
2. Sign-out/Sign-in Back in to Apple ID
Sometimes, the problem is due to your Apple ID not being recognized by iCloud.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name > scroll down to bottom of the screen and tap on the Sign out option.
2. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password > On the next pop-up, select/unselect the type of iCloud Data that you want to copy on your device and tap on Sign Out.
3. Sign-in back into your iCloud Account and you should now see all Contacts appearing on your iPhone.
3. Add Account Containing Contacts to iPhone
The Contacts App on iPhone provides the option to Add iCloud, Gmail and other accounts.
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts > tap on Add Accounts.
2. On the next screen, select the Account where your Contacts are located.
3. Follow the instructions to Add the selected Account to Contacts App on your iPhone.
4. Re-sync Email Contacts
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts > select your Email Account > On the next screen, move the toggle next to Contacts to OFF position.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and move the toggle next to Contacts to ON position and this should bring back Email Contacts to your device.
5. Restore iPhone from a Backup
If above steps did not help, the only way to bring back missing Contacts on your device is by Restoring iPhone from a backup.
1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > select Erase All Content and Settings option.
2. On the next screen, tap on Continue > Enter Lock Screen Passcode > On the Confirmation pop-up, select Erase iPhone option to start the Factory Reset process.
3. Once the Reset process is completed, you will see iPhone starting with “Hello” screen > Slide to right to start the process of setting up your iPhone.
4. Follow next set of onscreen instructions to Set up iPhone, until you reach the “Apps & Data” screen. On this screen, select Restore From iCloud Backup option.
5. When prompted, enter your Apple ID, Password and tap on Next.
6. On the next screen, select the iCloud Backup that you want to Restore your iPhone from.
Once the Restore process is completed, Contacts that are available in the backup file will become av