Some users have reported the case of Contacts Missing or Contacts Disappeared from iPhone. You will find below the steps to bring back or Restore Missing Contacts on iPhone.
Contacts Disappeared From iPhone
The problem of Contacts Disappearing or Contacts Missing from iPhone could be due to iCloud not recognizing your Apple ID, iCloud syncing issues or other reasons.
In addition, Contacts can also be mistakenly deleted or go missing after an iTunes or iCloud Restore process.
You should be able to bring back the Missing Contacts on your iPhone using the following methods.
1. Restart iPhone
Starting with a simple fix, Power OFF your iPhone > wait for 30 seconds and Restart your device.
2. Sign Out of iCloud and Sign Back in
As mentioned above, the problem of Contacts Disappearing from iPhone could be due to iCloud not being able to recognize your Apple ID.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. On Apple ID Screen, scroll down and tap on Sign out.
3. Wait for 60 seconds and Sign back into your iCloud Account.
Check to see if the missing Contacts are now back on your iPhone.
3. Merge iCloud Contacts to iPhone
If the missing Contacts are available in iCloud, you can bring them back to your iPhone by merging iCloud Contacts.
1. Go to Settings > Apple ID Name > iCloud > move the toggle next to Contacts to OFF position.
2. On the pop-up, select Keep on My iPhone option.
3. Now, enable iCloud Contacts back on your iPhone by moving the toggle to ON position.
4. On the Pop-up, select the Merge option.
Hopefully, this should bring back all missing Contacts back on your iPhone.
4. Check Contact Group Settings
Follow the steps below to Show Contacts from all Contact Groups on your iPhone.
1. Open the Contacts App on your iPhone and tap on Groups.
2. On Groups screen, tap on Show all Contacts and tap on Done.
Note: You can also tap only the Groups that you want to show Contacts from.
5. Check Default Account
The Contacts displayed on iPhone are based on your default account settings for the Contacts App.
1. Go to Settings > Contacts > Default Account.
2. On the next screen, select your Default Account.
Now, see if the missing Contacts are now back on your iPhone.
6. Restore iPhone From Backup
If the above methods did not help, the only available option is to Restore iPhone from a Backup that was that was made prior to loss of Contacts on your device.
If you do have a backup, you can refer to: How to Restore iPhone From Backup on Mac, PC and iCloud