It is possible to Disable Location Services totally or selectively for specific apps and services on your device. You will find below the steps to Disable Location Service on iPhone or iPad.
Disable Location Services On iPhone
iPhone uses a combination of Cellular, WiFi and GPS technology to determine your exact location at a given point of time.
The purpose of Location Services Feature on iPhone is to allow navigation, recommendation and other Apps to provide you with driving directions, recommendations and other location based services.
However, the downside of having Location Services enabled on iPhone comes in the form of a hit to the battery life and privacy concerns.
Hence, we are providing below the steps to Disable Location Services on iPhone for specific Apps and also to totally disable Location Services on your device.
1. Completely Disable Location Services on iPhone
In case you want to, it is possible to completely prevent iPhone from tracking your location.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings Screen, scroll down and tap on the Privacy option.
3. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
4. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Location Services to OFF position.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on the Turn OFF option to confirm.
Note: The above steps will completely disable ‘Location Services’ Feature on your device, preventing all the Apps and services from accessing your Location Information.
2. Disable Location Services On iPhone for Specific Apps
Instead of completely disabling Location Services, it is possible to Disable Location Services for all the unnecessary Apps on your device, while allowing only the most essential Apps to access your Location information.
1. Open Settings > scroll down tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
3. On Location Services screen, select the App for which you want to Disable Location Services.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Never option to prevent this particular App from accessing your Location information.
Similarly, you can repeat the above steps to Disable Location Services for others Apps that you believe are not necessary or important for you.
3. Disable Location Services For System Services On iPhone
Apart from Apps, there are many System Services that have access to your Location information.
1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. On the Location Services screen, scroll down and tap on System Services.
3. On the System Services screen, you will be able to see all the System Services that have access to your Location information.
4. You can prevent any System Service from tracking your Location by moving the toggle to OFF position.
For example, you can Disable ‘Location-Based Alerts’ and Location-Based Suggestions by moving the toggle next to these services to OFF position.