Google Maps can provide you with accurate turn-by-turn directions, even if your iPhone is not connected to internet. You will find below the steps to Download and Use Google Maps Offline on iPhone.
Download and Use Offline Google Maps On iPhone
All that is required to use Google Maps in Offline Mode is to download a Map of your City or Area that you are interested in to your iPhone.
Once a Map of the area is available on your iPhone, it can be used to provide you with turn-by-turn voice navigation, even if your iPhone is not connected to internet.
Apart from turn-by-turn voice navigation, Offline Google Maps can also provide information about restaurants, businesses and their working hours.
What you are missing in Offline Google Maps is Live Traffic Updates, Transit details, Bike routes and Alternate routes.
1. Download Offline Google Map on iPhone
As mentioned above, the first step is to download a Map of the City or Area that you are interested in to your iPhone.
This needs to be done before you start the journey, while your iPhone is still connected to Home or Office WiFi Network.
1. Open Google Maps > tap on your Account Icon and select Offline maps option.
2. On Offline Maps screen, tap on Select Your Own Map option.
3. On the next screen, adjust the pre-selected Map (if required) and tap on Download.
Patiently wait for the Offline Google Map of the selected area to download on your iPhone.
2. How to Use Google Maps Offline On iPhone
Once a Map of City or Area is available on iPhone, it can be used at any time to provide you with accurate turn-by-turn voice navigation in offline mode.
1. Open Google Maps > type Name or Address of the place that you that you want to visit or navigate to.
2. Tap on Directions in bottom menu.
3. Tap on Start to start Offline Navigation and start driving your Car.
As you keep driving, Google Maps will provide you with accurate turn-by-turn voice navigation, even after your iPhone disconnects from your Home or Office WiFi Network.
As mentioned above, you won’t be able to get transit info, traffic alerts, alternate bicycling routes and alternate route information, while using Google Maps in Offline Mode.