You can find below the steps to Disable Safari Sync between iPhone and Mac in order to prevent browsing data from iPhone appearing on your Mac and vice-versa.
Disable Safari Sync Between iPhone and Mac
The Safari browser on iPhone and Mac provides the option to sync your browser settings and data to iCloud, which makes this data available on all your device linked to the same Apple ID.
While this feature provides a sense of continuity and extends the same browsing experience across all your devices, it can be problematic if you are sharing devices with others.
For example, allowing the Safari browser to sync data can result in websites that you browse on iPhone appearing in Safari browser on your Mac, which may be accessible to others in the family.
Luckily, it is easy to prevent Safari sync and prevent your browsing data from one device appearing on other devices sharing the same Apple ID.
What Happens When You Disable Safari Sync
However, you will still be able to pick up open tabs from safari browser on iPhone to your Mac and vice versa using the Handoff feature, which does not need iCloud access.
All your saved will still be available across all your devices, as they are stored in the keychain and kept separate from other synced data on iCloud.
1. Disable Safari Syncing on iPhone
You can follow the steps below to prevent the Safari browser on your iPhone from syncing data to iCloud.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID > iCloud > On iCloud screen, tap on Show All and move the toggle next to Safari to OFF position.
2. On the conformation pop-up, you can select the option to either keep or delete previously synced iCloud data on your iPhone.
This will prevent the Safari browser from syncing your browsing data to iCloud.
2. Disable Safari Syncing on Mac
You can follow the steps below to prevent the Safari browser on Mac from syncing data to iCloud.
1. Click on Apple Logo in the top-menu bar and select System Preferences or System Settings in the drop-down menu.
2. On System Preferences screen, click on Apple ID icon.
3. On Apple ID screen, select iCloud in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and uncheck the little box next to Safari.
This will prevent the Safari browser from syncing your browsing data to other devices via iCloud.