Being able to access Siri right from the Lock screen of iPhone is really convenient. However, if you are concerned about your privacy, it is better to Disable Siri from iPhone Lock Screen.
Disable Siri From iPhone Lock Screen
Siri can be voice activated from the Lock screen of iPhone. While this is super convenient, there is always the possibility of someone else being able to voice activate Siri and access your Photos and Personal information.
Among other possibilities is the danger of someone being able to gain access to your iMessage, WhatsApp and other social media accounts using Siri from the Lock screen.
Once anyone gets access to to your iMessage Account, it is not difficult to get to your Contacts, Selfies, Private Photos, Family photos and possibly get you in trouble by sending uncomplimentary messages to your Contacts.
While Apple takes all the care to fix security flaws, there is always the possibility of someone coming up with ways to misuse Siri.
Hence, it is a good idea remove Siri from iPhone Lock Screen and make it difficult for an outsider to access Siri on your iPhone.
1. Disable Siri From iPhone Lock Screen
Follow the steps below to disable access to Siri from the Lock Screen of your iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone, scroll down and tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
2. When prompted, enter your passcode.
3. On the next screen, scroll down to “Allow Access When Locked” section and move the slide next to Siri to OFF position.
2. Disable Siri Search From iPhone Lock Screen
Follow the steps below to make sure that Siri search from the Lock Screen of your iPhone is disabled.
1. Go to Settings > scroll down and tap on Siri & Search option.
2. On the next screen, scroll down to “Ask Siri” section and disable Allow Siri When Locked option.
This will prevent anyone using Siri from iPhone Lock Screen for searching things on your iPhone.
3. Totally Disable Siri on iPhone
If you do not really use Siri, you can totally disable Siri on iPhone by following the steps below
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Siri & Search option.
2. On the next screen, toggle OFF the option Listen for “Hey Siri” and Allow Siri When Locked and Press Home for Siri options.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Turn Off Siri option.
This will totally disable Siri on your iPhone and you won’t be able access Siri by Voice or by pressing the Home Screen for Siri.