Even when you change your place of work and living, the Maps App on your iPhone will continue providing directions to Work and Home based on your old address. However, it is easy to fix this error by changing your Work and Home Address in the Maps App on iPhone.
Change Home and Work Address in Maps App On iPhone
Unlike Google Maps, there is no dedicated option or a Settings screen on the Apple Maps App to change your Home and Work Address.
The Maps App makes use of your Home and Work address as listed in your Contact Card on iPhone and makes use of this information to provide you with directions to Home and place of Work from any location.
Hence, the only way to change Home and Work Address information in the Apple Maps App is to access your Contact Card on iPhone and update your Home and Work Address.
1. Open the Contacts App on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also tap on the Phone App and then tap on the Contacts option at the bottom of your screen (See image below).
2. On the Contacts Screen, you will see your Name at the top of the Contact List with the label “My Card” appearing below your name (See image below)
3. Next, tap on your Name to access your Contact Card on iPhone.
4. On the next screen, tap on the Edit link located at the top right corner of your screen (See image below).
5. After tapping on the Edit link, Scroll down to your Home Address or Work Address and change them as required.
Note: In case you haven’t previously set a Home or Work Address, tap on Add Address Link to Add your Home and Work Address.
6. Once you have changed your Home or Work Address, tap on Done from the top right corner of your screen.
It will take a while for the Apple Maps App to register this change of Home or Work Address.
After a few minutes you can open the Maps App to see if the change of Address has been registered by the Maps app. You should be able to see your New Home Address marked with a small blue Home icon and your new Work Address marked with a small brown briefcase icon.