The latest version of Mac OS called macOS Sierra has been officially released and is available for download. In this article we will be showing you how to download macOS Sierra.
Is Your Mac Eligible For macOS Sierra Update?
The first thing that you need to check before downloading macOS Sierra to your Mac is to see if your Mac computer is compatible with the update.
Below is a list of all the Mac computers that are eligible to update to macOS Sierra.
- iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
- Mac Mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer
After checking to see if you Mac is eligible for the macOS Sierra update, it is recommended that you backup your Mac, in order to protect your data in case something goes wrong.
Download macOS Sierra
Follow the steps below to download macOS Sierra onto your Mac.
1. Open the Mac App Store on your Mac.
2. Search for macOS Sierra in the search box located at the top right corner of your screen (See image below).
3. Next, click on macOS Sierra from the list of options (See image below)
4. On the next screen, click on the Download button to download macOS Sierra to your computer
Note: You may prompted to enter your Apple ID and password at this point.
5. Once the macOS Sierra Installer opens up, click on Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to install macOS Sierra onto your Mac.
Accidentally Closed the macOS Sierra Installer?
If you accidentally closed the macOS Sierra Installer or if the installer did not open, you can reopen the installer by following the steps below.
1. Click on the Launchpad Icon from the bottom menu (See image below)
2. Locate a file called macOS Sierra and click on it.
Alternatively, you can also click on the Finder icon on your Mac and search for macOS Sierra and open up the installer that way.