In order to make “Siri” listen to voice commands, you will have to go through an easy to follow process of training Siri to recognize your voice. You will find below the steps to Enable Hey Siri on iPhone.
Enable Hey Siri on iPhone
The process of making Apple’s Virtual Assistant “Siri” to recognize your Voice Commands is termed as enabling “Hey Siri’ on iPhone.
Enabling “Hey Siri” on iPhone basically requires you to toggle ON Listen for “Hey Siri” option in iPhone Settings screen, which takes you through an easy to follow five-step process to training Siri recognize your voice.
Once “Hey Siri” is enabled on your device, you will be able to send Text Messages, make Phone Calls, Play Music, make Skype Calls and get weather and traffic information without lifting a finger.
Being able to operate iPhone hands free can be particularly useful while you are working on your computer and also need to send some text Messages and make important Calls on your iPhone.
In such cases, you can simply command Siri to make a Call or send Text Messages on your behalf, without having to take your eyes off the computer.
Note: While Siri can be used to make Calls and send Text Messages while driving, it is recommended that you avoid using your iPhone while driving.
1. How to Enable Hey Siri on iPhone
Follow the steps below to enable Hey Siri on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone, scroll down and tap on Siri & Search.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Listen for “Hey Siri” to ON position.
Note: For security reasons, you may want to disable Siri from iPhone Lock Screen by toggling OFF Allow Siri When Locked option.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Continue.
4. On the next screen, say “Hey Siri” into your iPhone.
5. Next, you will be prompted to say “Hey Siri, send a message.
6. On the next screen, you will be prompted to say “Hey Siri, how’s the weather today”.
7. Next, you will have to say “Hey Siri, set a timer for three minutes“.
8. Finally, you will be prompted to say “Hey Siri, play some music.
9. On the next screen, tap on Done to complete the “Hey Siri” Set Up Process.
Now, that Siri is trained to listen to your Voice, you will be able to use Voice Commands to make Siri check Weather, make Calls, Send Text Messages and play your favourite Music.
2. Disable Hey Siri on iPhone
If you feel that “Hey Siri” feature is not particularly useful, you can easily disable Hey Siri on your iPhone at any time by following the steps below.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Siri & Search option.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Listen for “Hey Siri”, Press Home for Siri and Allow Siri When Locked options.
3. On the pop-up, tap on Turn Off Siri.
This will disable the “Hey Siri” feature on your iPhone and you won’t be able to use Voice Commands to activate Siri on your device.
Note: You can also toggle OFF Press Home for Siri option, in case you do not want Siri to be activated by the Home button.