With YouTube featuring such amazing videos, you may want to enable YouTube notifications on your iPhone or iPad to keep track of the latest and most recommended videos being uploaded to YouTube.
Enable YouTube Notifications On iPhone or iPad
There are a few different ways to enable YouTube notifications on your iPhone and iPad. You can use any of the methods below that work for you.
In this post we will be providing you with the steps to Enable YouTube notifications and as well as steps to view, manage and disable YouTube notifications.
Enable Notifications From YouTube Account
In general, you will be able to use this method while you are logging into your YouTube account for the first time on your iOS device.
1. Login to YouTube Account using your Gmail ID and Password.
All that it takes to get a YouTube account is to have a Gmail account and you can get access to all Google Services using a single Gmail ID.
2. Once you are logged in, you will see a pop-up from YouTube asking you whether you want to receive notifications from YouTube (See image below)
3. Tap on TURN ON to receive notifications from YouTube (See image above)
Enable Notifications From YouTube App
Like many users you may have decided not to allow notifications from YouTube when you first tried to access YouTube on your iPhone and received a pop-up asking you whether you want to get notifications from YouTube.
In such cases you can enable YouTube notifications from the YouTube app by using the steps below.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Tap on the Accounts tab and Login to your YouTube Account if you are not already logged in (See image below)
3. Now tap on the 3 dots YouTube menu icon located at the top-right corner of your screen (See image below)
4. Next, tap on Settings
5. Browse to Notifications on the settings screen and tap on it
6. Next, tap on Turn On to set notifications ON.
7. Once you tap on Turn On, you will see a pop-up window from YouTube seeking your confirmation for enabling notifications from YouTube.
8. Tap on TURN ON to enable YouTube notifications on your iPhone or iPad
9. Tap OK on the next pop-up to confirm this setting on your iPhone or iPad.
Enable YouTube Notifications From Settings
In case you are already signed into your YouTube account you can enable Notifications from your phone’s Settings app.
1. Tap on Settings > Tap on Notifications.
2. On the next screen browse to YouTube and Tap on it.
3. Toggle the option to ON position to allow notifications from YouTube.
How to View YouTube Notifications on iPhone or iPad
Now that you have enabled notifications from YouTube by using any of the steps above, use the following steps to view notifications from YouTube on your iPhone/iPad.
1. Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone
2. Tap on the Accounts Tab
3. Tap on Notifications
4. On this screen you will be able to see the latest notifications from YouTube
How to Manage YouTube Notifications
It is only when you start getting notifications from YouTube that you start to get an idea about the kind of YouTube Videos that you want to watch.
Follow the steps below to start managing YouTube notifications
1. Launch YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Next, tap on the 3 dot icon located to the right of your screen
3. Tap on Settings
4. Tap on Notifications.
5. Now you will be able to set your preferences for notifications by toggling ON/OFF the following broad choices
- Recommended videos – Notifications about recommendations according to what you watch.
- Subscription activity – Occasional notifications about updates related to your subscriptions.
- Notify me via – You can select the options such as email, mobile device through which you want to receive subscription notifications.
How to Turn off YouTube Notifications
Follow the steps below to Turn Off YouTube notifications on your iPhone/iPad, in case you find that you are no longer checking these notifications.
1. Tap on Settings.
2. Tap on Notifications
3. Tap on YouTube.
4. Now, toggle Off notifications
Hope you find this post useful, please feel free to pass this information to others by sharing this post with your friends, relatives and people that you know.