An effective practice to reduce the chances of not responding to an important email is to flag such important email messages on your iPhone. This way you will be able to quickly locate and come back to Flagged email messages in order to respond to them and take action as required for those email messages.
Similarly, the ability to Flag emails on iPhone can also be used to quickly find certain email messages that contain important data or usable information that you need from time to time.
Flagged email messages are easy to identify due to a colored icon next to such messages. Also, it is easy to find flagged messages, as they will be located in their own dedicated Smart Mailbox called Flagged.
Flag Email Messages On iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to Flag important email messages on your iPhone or iPad.
1. From the home screen of your iPhone, tap on the Mail App.
2. Next, tap on the Edit option located at the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Select the Email Message or Messages that you would like to Flag by tapping on them (See image below)
5. After selecting the Messages to Flag, tap on the Mark option located at the bottom right corner of your screen (See image above)
6. Next, you will see a pop-up, tap on the Flag option to Flag the selected Messages.
Note: You can also Flag Messages on your iPhone by swiping left on a Message to reveal a side Menu and then tapping on the Flag option in the side Menu (See image below).
Access Flagged Messages On iPhone
Once you have flagged a message or messages, you will find all those marked messages placed in a special Mailbox titled Flagged on your iPhone.
1. Open the Mail App on your iPhone or iPad
2. Tap on Mailboxes to reach the Mailboxes view on your iPhone.
3. On the next screen (Mailboxes), you should be able to see a new Mailbox titled “Flagged”. You will find all the flagged messages placed in this Smart Mailbox.
Follow the steps below in case you do not see the Flagged Mailbox on your iPhone. It is likely that the Flagged Mailbox is still hidden on your iPhone.
4. While you are on the Mailboxes screen, tap on Edit.
5. You will see all the hidden Mailboxes as available on your iPhone, tap on the little circle next to Flagged to enable this Smart Mailbox on your iPhone.
6. Tap on Done from the top left corner of your screen
From now on you will always find the Flagged Mailbox in the Mailbox view, and all messages that you decide to flag will be available in this Mailbox.
Unflag Messages on iPhone
Unflagging messages on iPhone is just as easy as flagging them. Whenever you are done with an email message, you can Unflag the message to remove it from the Flagged Mailbox.
1. Tap on the Flagged Mailbox where the flagged Message is located.
2. Tap on the Edit button located at the upper right corner of your screen.
3. Select the Message or Messages that you want to Unflag by tapping on them.
4. After selecting the messages, tap on the Mark button located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
5. From the popup, tap on Unflag.
The coloured circle next to the flagged message will be gone and selected messages will no longer appear in the Flagged Folder.