While Lock Screen Notifications make it easy to keep track of missed calls and messages, they can end up being a privacy issue. Hence, this article providing you with the steps to Hide Notifications From Lock Screen on Android Phone.
Hide Lock Screen Notifications on Android Phone
Notifications appearing on the Lock screen of Android phone are designed to provide you with an easy way of seeing whether you missed an important Call or Message without the need to unlock your device.
While this feature is convenient and cool, it also allows others to see your Notifications and may tempt someone to pick up your phone and go through all your notifications and guess the content of your messages.
In order to solve this privacy issue, you can either block Notifications completely from appearing on the Lock Screen of your Android Phone or only Hide the content of notifications.
1. Hide Notifications From Lock Screen on Android Phone
The steps below will show you how to hide notifications from lock screen on most Android Phones.
1. Go to Settings > Sounds and notifications and tap on When Device is locked option, located under “Notification” section.
2. On the slide-up menu that appears, select Do not show notifications option.
This will prevent all Notifications from appearing on the Lock Screen of your Android Phone.
Another option is to select Hide Content option, which only prevents Message Content from appearing in Lock Screen Notifications (It does not block Lock Screen Notifications).
2. Hide Notifications From Lock Screen on Samsung Phones
The steps to Hide Notifications from Lock Screen on Samsung Galaxy phones running Android 6.0 or above are also quite similar.
1. Go to Settings > Lock Screen and security > Notifications on lock screen > On the next screen, tap on Content on lock screen option.
2. From the slide-up menu that appears, select Do not show notifications option.
In case you only want to Hide the content of notifications, you can select Hide Content option in the slide-up menu.