You may want to hide stock Apps on iPhone or iPad, in case the Stock App icons are taking up space on the home screen of your device and cluttering the Home screen.
Hide Stock Apps on iPhone and iPad
By default, stock Apps like Safari, Camera, FaceTime, App Store, Contacts, Notes, Clock, Weather, Apple Maps and Photos are automatically placed on the home screen of your iPhone and iPad.
In addition to these, there are many other stock Apps like Calculator, Calendar, Compass, Game Center, Find Friends, Health, iBooks, iTunes Store, News, Passbook, Stocks, Tips, Videos, Voice Memos, and others.
It is unlikely that you will be using all the above Apps and you may want to hide many of these Apps to reduce the clutter of Apps on your device.
Another reason for hiding Apps on iPhone would be to prevent your Kids or others from accessing certain Apps on your device.
So, let is go ahead and take a look at the steps to Hide Stock Apps on iPhone or iPad.
1. Hide Apps on iPhone Using Restrictions (iOS 9 to 11)
If you are using an older version of iOS (iOS 9 to 11), you will be able to use Stock Apps using the Restrictions feature as available in those versions of iOS.
1. Go to Settings > General > tap on Restrictions.
2. You will be prompted to enter your Restrictions passcode in case you had enabled Restrictions before.
If you do not remember your Restrictions Passcode, you will might be able to reset the passcode using steps provided in this guide: How to Reset Restrictions Passcode on iPhone
If you have not yet enabled restrictions, tap on Enable Restrictions and create a Restrictions passcode.
3. Next, scroll down to “Allow” section and toggle OFF the Stock Apps that you want to hide from the home screen.
Once you have toggled off the apps, go to the Home screen and you will see those apps no longer available on the Home Screen of your iPhone.
Note: You need to be aware that above method will both clear the apps from the home screen and also disable all services associated with those apps.
Hence, this method is limited and you can make use of this method to hide only those apps that you are pretty sure about not using.
2. Hide Apps on iPhone Using Screen Time (iOS 12 and up)
If you are using iOS 12 and newer version iOS on your device, you can follow the steps below to Hide Apps on iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on Screen Time.
2. On Screen Time screen, tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions option.
3. On the next screen, switch on Content & Privacy Restrictions and tap on Allowed Apps.
4. On the Allowed Apps screen, you can Switch OFF Apps like Podcasts, News, Books and other that you do not use.
As you must have noticed, this method can only hide certain Apps. Apps like Apple Watch, Stocks, Tips, Find Friends can be deleted from iPhone.
3. Hide Stock Apps on iPhone Using Nested Folders
Another method to hide stock app icons from the home screen of iPhone is to make use of nested folders. This unconventional method allows you to move folders within folders on your iOS device.
What you can do in this case is to group default apps using 2 to 3 folders, give these folders descriptive names and move these 3 folders into a Master Folder called Stock Apps.
For further details, you can take a look at: How to Create Nested Folders On iPhone