The “Last seen” feature in WhatsApp allows others to see the exact time you were online on WhatsApp. You will find below the steps to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen on iPhone or Android Phone.
Hide WhatsApp Last Seen
The “Last Seen” feature in WhatsApp is enabled by default on your iPhone and Android Phone and this provides accurate information to others about when you were Last Seen or active on WhatsApp.
This information can be used by your Contacts to guess whether or not you have seen or read their Messages.
Also, if you were checking WhatsApp at 3 AM, it provides a reason for others to start wondering as to what you were doing at such an hour at night.
Luckily, WhatsApp allows you to set the “Last Seen” stamp to any of the following 3 settings.
- Everyone: Last Seen status will be available to All WhatsApp users.
- My Contacts: Last Seen status will only be available to your Contacts.
- Nobody: Hides “Last Seen” status from everyone.
Before going ahead with the steps to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen, you need to be aware that Hiding WhatsApp Last Seen will also prevent you from seeing “Last Seen” status of other on WhatsApp.
In simple terms, you will have to allow others to see your “Last Seen” status, in order to be able to see the “Last Seen” status of others on WhatsApp.
1. Hide WhatsApp Last Seen On Android Phone
Follow the steps below to hide WhatsApp Last Seen on your Android Phone or Tablet.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. Tap on 3-dots Menu Icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. From the dropdown menu, tap on the Settings option.
4. On the Settings screen, tap on the Account Option.
5. On the Account screen, tap on Privacy
6. On the Privacy screen, tap on the Last Seen option.
7. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Nobody to Hide “Last Seen” from everyone on WhatsApp
2. Hide WhatsApp Last Seen on iPhone
Follow these steps to below to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on the Settings tab located at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. On the Settings screen, tap on the Account Option.
4. On the Accounts screen, tap on Privacy.
5. On the Privacy screen, tap on the Last Seen option.
6. On the next screen, tap on Nobody to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen from everyone on WhatsApp.