In most cases, the problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes for Windows 10 can be fixed by updating the device driver software on your computer.
iPhone Not Showing Up in iTunes for Windows 10
If iPhone is not showing up in iTunes, it is recommended that you start with the following basic troubleshooting steps, before moving to other steps as provided below.
- Make sure the USB cable is not damaged, try using another USB cable (if available)
- Restart iPhone
- Restart Windows computer
- Connect iPhone to a different USB port on your computer
- Make sure that you tap on Trust button when you see “Trust This Computer” prompt on the screen of your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer
1. Update Apple Mobile USB Device
The problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes on your computer might be due to an outdated device driver. Hence, follow the steps below to update Apple Mobile USB device driver on your computer.
1. Plug your iPhone into the USB port of your computer.
2. Tap on Trust, in case you see “Trust This Computer?” pop-up on the screen of your iPhone.
3. On your computer, right-click on the Start button and then click on Device Manger option in the menu that appears.
4. On the Device Manager screen, expand the entry for Universal Serial Bus Devices, right-click on Apple Mobile Device USB Device and click on Update Driver.
5. On the next screen, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
Wait for your Windows computer to search for the Updated driver and follow the prompts to Install the Updated Driver.
If Windows is unable to find Updated Driver software, try to locate the Driver manually by clicking on Browse my computer for driver software option and look for Driver in the following locations
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
2. Set Apple Services to Start Automatically
Follow the steps below to make sure that Apple Services are running and they are set to start Automatically on your computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Run.
2. In the Run Command window, type and click on OK.
3. On the Services screen, make sure that the Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service and iPod Service are running and they are set to start automatically on your computer.
In case any of these Apple Services are not set to Start Automatically, double-click on the Service. On the next screen, you can change the Startup type to Automatic and Start the service (in case it is not running).
4. Click on OK to save the settings and close the screen.
3. Reinstall iTunes
In case the above methods did not work, uninstall iTunes on your computer and Reinstall it back again. Hopefully, this should fix the problem of iPhone not showing in iTunes.