If you are mostly used to browsing the internet using Google’s Chrome Browser, you will find below the steps to make Chrome as default browser in Windows 10.
Make Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10
In case you have just bought a new Windows PC or upgraded from a previous version of Windows, you will notice that Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10.
Although, Microsoft claims that its Edge browser is much faster and uses less battery life compared to both Chrome and Firefox, it has not been able to attract many users.
Also, there are reports about Microsoft’s plans to abandon its EdgeHTML rendering engine in favour of Chromium, which is the same open source technology that powers Google’s Chrome browser.
Until that happens, you may want to make Chrome as default browser in Windows 10.
Steps to Make Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to make Chrome as default browser in Windows 10
1. Click on Start button > Settings Icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Apps.
3. On the next screen, click on Default Apps in the left pane. Scroll down in the right pane to “Web browser” section and click on Microsoft Edge.
4. On the pop-up, choose Google Chrome as your default Browser.
5. You may see a pop-up, prompting you to stay with the Faster Edge browser, click on Switch Anyway to set Chrome as the default browser on your computer.
Note: In case Google Chrome is not available on “Choose an App” menu, download & Install Chrome Browser on your computer and repeat the above steps.
Add Chrome to Taskbar
After making Chrome as the default browser on your computer, the next step is to make Chrome more accessible on your computer by adding it to the taskbar.
Click on the Start button > scroll down the list of Apps > right-click on Google Chrome > Click on More > choose Pin to taskbar option in the contextual menu.
This will add Chrome browser icon to the taskbar on your computer, making it easy for you to launch Chrome browser at anytime by clicking on the Chrome icon.