The Olloclip iPhone 4 in 1 Lens System is a popular iPhone accessory that simply clips on to the camera of your iPhone and equips it with a fast changing multiple lens system.
Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens System
The beauty of this device lies in its smart-design, Olloclip slides on to the corner of your iPhone and aligns itself precisely with iPhone’s camera. There is practically no adjustment or tuning required, you can be ready for a shot in a snap.
The entire assembly, including the barrels, lenses and lens caps comes neatly packed in a small microfiber bag that you can easily carry in your pocket.
- Easily Clips to iPhone, aligns perfectly in no time to shoot photos and videos
- Lenses are made with precision ground glass multi-element optics
- Works on both front and rear facing camera
- Soft plastic material on the clip protects your iPhone from scratches
- Barrels made from aircraft grade anodized aluminum
- Available in Multiple colors
What Does Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens System Actually Do?
When clipped onto the iPhone, Olloclip 4-in-1 lens system extends the range of your iPhone’s camera with 4 types of lenses, similar to those found on high end cameras.
- Wide Angle Lens: Practically doubles the field of view of your iPhone’s Camera
- Optical Fish-eye Lens: Provides 180° field of view, rated by most reviewers as a fun gimmick and not something that serious photographers would find useful.
- 10x Macro Lens: Equips your iPhone with 10X Macro lens with a focal length of just ½”. This allows you to shoot objects from extremely close angles
- 15X Macro Lens: Allows you to get even more closer to your subject and capture even the tiniest details.
Can the Olloclip Attachment Scratch or Damage the iPhone?
The Olloclip slides onto your iPhone and can be easily removed by sliding out. The part which remains in contact with the iPhone is made from a soft plastic material, this ensure a secure fit and rules out chances of scratching your iPhone.
Olloclip 4 in 1 Downsides
The only downside to this well designed device is that it only works with a naked iPhone. In case you have a case or cover, you will need to remove the case before sliding Olloclip 4-in-1 lens on your iPhone.
However, Olloclip offers a solution to this issue by coming out with Ollocase, an iPhone case that is designed to work with Olloclip. It features a tiny opening that allows the Olloclip to slide onto the iPhone.
Lenses and Photo Quality
The Olloclip lenses are made out of precision ground glass multi-elements, the quality of lenses is good considering its price.
These lenses produce decent quality images, especially the macro lenses that have received good user reviews and comments.
One of the reasons for the quality of images is Olloclip’s precise design which places the lenses extremely close to the iPhone’s lens, eliminating the vignette.
Olloclip’s macro lens allows you to get within 10-15mm of the subject, allowing you to capture details of objects like flowers, bugs, coins and stamps with great detail, clarity and sharpness.