The Hide Photos option on iPhone moves Photos to Hidden Folder which can still be accessed by anyone. Hence, we are providing below a workaround to Truly Hide and Password Protect Photos on iPhone.
Password Protect Photos on iPhone or iPad
When you hide Photos on iPhone, the Photos App creates a Hidden Photos Folder and moves the Hidden Photos to this Folder.
While the hidden Photos do not appear in Photos View or in the Original Photo Album from which they were hidden, they can still be accessed by going to Hidden Folder within the Photos App.
The workaround as provided below makes use of the Notes App to truly Hide and Password Protect Photos on your iPhone.
Before going ahead with the steps to Password Protect Photos on iPhone using Notes, you want take a look at this guide: How to Password Protect Notes on iPhone .
This should help you get a good understand of how the “Lock Notes” feature works on iPhone.
1. Steps to Password Protect Photos on iPhone
As mentioned above, this workaround to Password Protect Photos on iPhone requires you to Add Photos that you want to Hide to a Note and them Password protect the Note containing photos.
This way, no one will be able to access hidden Photos on your iPhone, without knowing the password to unlock the Note containing Hidden Photos.
1. Open the Photos App and tap on the Albums tab in bottom menu.
2. Open the Album where the Photos that you want to hide are located and tap on Select.
3. Select Photos that you want to hide and tap on the Share icon located in bottom menu.
4. On the Share Menu that appears, select the Notes option.
5. On the New Note that opens, tap on the Save option to save the selected Photos to Notes.
After the Photos are saved to Note, the next step is to Password Protect the Note containing Photos by following steps 6 to 9 below.
6. Open Notes App and on the Note containing Hidden Photos.
7. Once the Note is open, tap on 3-dots menu located at top-right corner and select the Lock option in the menu that appears.
8. On Lock Note pop-up, enter the Password that you want to use to Lock this Note and tap on OK. After this make sure you tap on the open Lock Icon to Lock this Note on your iPhone.
Note: Make sure that you remember the password and write it down somewhere.
Now that Photos are placed in a Locked Note, no one will be able to access or view the Photos, without entering the Password to unlock the Note.
However, you are not done yet. The original copy of Locked Photos will still be available in the Photos App on your iPhone.
Hence, the final step is to Delete Photos from their original location in the Photos App and also delete them from Recently Deleted Folder within the Photos App.
Once the Photos are deleted in Photos App, they will only be available in the Locked Note.