Although WhatsApp is full of features, it does not provide the functionality to record video calls. Hence, we are providing below different methods to record WhatsApp Video calls on Android and iPhone.
Record WhatsApp WhatsApp Video Calls
Most users looking for the steps to record WhatsApp Video calls on iPhone or Android Phone are simply trying to preserve memories of their WhatsApp Video conversations with their relatives and friends.
While close friends and relatives may have no objection to being recorded, you need to be careful while recording business related conversations or recording people that you do not know well.
Recording Calls without consent from both parties is considered as being illegal in certain countries and it is strongly recommended that you clearly understand the regulations, before going ahead and recoding video calls on your Android or iOS device.
1. Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android Phone Using DU Recorder
One popular call recording App that you can make use of to Record Video Calls on Android Phone is known as “DU Recorder”.
A good feature of this App is that it automatically creates a tiny shortcut on the screen of your Android phone, making it easy for you to record WhatsApp Video Calls, without the need to open the app.
1. Open Google Play Store, search for DU Recorder app and download the App onto your device.
2. Once the app is downloaded, open the app.
3. Now, you can record any WhatsApp Video Call on your device by simply tapping on the Record button (See image below)
4. To stop recording, open Notification Center and tap on Stop (See image below)
The recorded WhatsApp Video Call will be saved into the Photos app on your Android Phone.
2. Record WhatsApp Video Calls on Android Phone Using AZ Screen Recorder
In case the first app did not work on your device, you can try AZ Screen Recorder App to record WhatsApp Video calls on your Android phone or tablet.
Similar to “Du Recorder”, AZ Screen recorder also creates a handy shortcut on the screen of your Android Phone and allows you to record WhatsApp Video Calls using the shortcut, without the need to open the App.
1. Download AZ Screen Recorder app on your device from the Google Play Store
2. Open the app after it finishes downloading
3. To record a WhatsApp Video call, simply tap on the Record button (See image below)
4. To stop recording, open the Notification center and tap on Stop.
Record WhatsApp Video Calls on iPhone
Apple introduced a screen-recording feature in iOS 11 and you can make use of this to record WhatsApp Video calls on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Control Center.
2. On the next screen, tap on Customize Controls option.
3. On the Customize Controls screen, scroll down and tap on the green plus button located next to “Screen Recording” and this feature will be added to the Control Center.
4. Once the “Screen Recording” feature is added to Control Center, you will be able to Record WhatsApp Video calls at any time on your iPhone by Swiping-up from bottom of your screen and tapping on the Record button.
To stop Video Recording, open Control Center by swiping-up on the screen of your device and tapping on the Record button again.
The recorded WhatsApp Videos are saved in the Photos app and you can access them at any time by opening the Photos App.