You may want to know about the procedure to remove credit card from iTunes account for various reasons. Your credit card may have expired, stolen or simply because you do not want your credit card to be linked to an Apple account.
Whatever may be the reasons, you can easily remove your credit card from your iTunes account by following these procedures.
Note that by removing your credit card information you can no longer buy anything from the app store.
Steps to Remove Credit Card from iTunes on iPhone and iPad
The following steps will show you how to remove your credit card information from your iTunes account on your iOS devices.
1. Locate settings icon on your phone and click on it.
2. Click on iTunes & App Store on the Settings Screen (see image below)
3. On the Next screen Click on your Apple ID (see image below)
4. Click on View Apple ID from the new pop up window. (See image below)
5. Next, click on Payment Information to view your payment information settings.
6. From the payment information screen select none, this will remove your credit card from iTunes.
Please note that the option to select ‘None’ may not work in case you have an unpaid balance or a payment due. This can happen in cases of billing issues during your purchase of some apps with iTunes.
Remove Credit Card From iTunes on Your Computer
Follow these steps, in case you want to remove payment information from iTunes on a computer.
1. Visit the iTunes Store & Sign in
On your computer visit the iTunes store and sign in with the account that you wish to remove your credit card information from.
2. Click on Account Info
Click on your name and you will see a dropdown, from the dropdown click on account info.
3. Click on Edit beside Payment Type
Now you should be seeing a new page. From the new page locate the payment Type option and click on the edit link beside it.
4. Select None
Now select none in the payment type options and this will remove your credit card information from iTunes.
We hope you enjoyed this article and have removed your information from your iTunes account.