Google’s Chromecast device provides an effortless way to project media from mobile phones and computers on to the large screen of your Home Television. You will find below the steps to Setup New Chromecast Device.
Setup New Chromecast Device
The first step is to attach Google Chromecast device to Television, after which you need to complete the Setup process using Google’s Home App on your mobile Phone.
Once the setup process is completed, you will be able to use Chromecast Device to project media from both mobile phones and computers on to the large screen of your Home Television.
With this understanding, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to Setup your New Chromecast Device.
1. Attach Chromecast Device to TV
As mentioned above, the first step is to physically connect the New Chromecast device to your Home Television.
1. Plug in the HDMI End of the Chromecast Device into HDMI Port of your Home TV and Plug the USB End of Chromecast to USB Power Adapter (See image below).
2. Using the TV Remote, change the Input Source of TV to match the HDMI Port (HDMI 1, HDMI2….) into which the Chromecast device is plugged-in.
Note: On most Remote Controls you can change the Input Source by pressing Input or Source button.
2. Setup Chromecast Using Google Home App
Although, Chromecast can be practically used on any device, the Setup process of a New Chromecast device can only be completed on a Mobile Device using Google’s Home App.
1. Download Google Home App on your Android Phone from Google Play Store and from the App Store in case of iPhone.
2. Once the App is downloaded, open the Home App and agree to Terms & Conditions by tapping on Accept.
3. On the next screen, tap on Set up 1 device option.
4. Next, select Home and tap on Next.
5. After the Chromecast device is located by Home App, tap on the Yes button to continue.
6. Tap on the Yes button, whenever you are able to see a Code on TV screen.
7. On the next screen, you can tap on either Yes, I’m in or No thanks to move to the next step.
8. Select a Location for your Chromecast Device and tap on Next.
9. On Connect to WiFi screen, select your WiFi Network and tap on Next.
10. On the next screen, enter the Password for your WiFi Network.
After completing above steps, you are all set and ready to project YouTube Videos, Netflix Movies and other media from both your Phone and computer to the large screen of your Home Television.
3. Use Chromecast to Project Media From Computer to TV Screen
Once the setup process is completed, you can follow the steps below to project media from Windows Laptop or MacBook to TV.
1. Open Chrome Browser on your Laptop or MacBook.
2. Click on 3-dots menu icon and select the Cast… option in the drop-down menu.
3. Now, when you play YouTube Video or Movie from Netflix on your computer, it will also start playing on the TV screen.
Another way to do this is to start playing video or movie on your computer and click on the Cast Icon, located at the top-right corner of your screen.
The media will start casting on the TV screen, as soon as you click on the Cast icon.\
4. Project From iPhone & Android Phone to TV Screen
Similarly, you can effortlessly project YouTube Videos or Netflix Movies from Android Phone or iPhone to TV screen.
1. Open YouTube or Netflix App on your Phone and tap on the Cast Icon.
2. On the pop-up, select your Chromecast device.
3. If you are not signed-in to the App, tap on Confirm.
Note: You can also tap on Cancel and sign-in to the App.
4. Next, tap on the Video or Movie on your Phone that you want to watch on the TV Screen.
5. On the pop-up, tap on the Play option to Cast the media on the screen of your Television.
Once the Video or Movie starts Playing on the TV screen, you can close the Phone and the media will continue to play on the TV screen.
At any time, you can open your Phone to Pause, Rewind, Forward or Stop the media from playing on the large screen of your Home Television.