While you can project Computer Screen to TV using Miracast, you will be amazed at how easy it is to project media from Computer to TV using Google’s Chromecast device.
Use Chromecast On Windows Computer
Once the setup process is completed, you will be able to cast videos, movies and TV programs playing on your computer on to the large screen of your Home Television.
Step #1. Plug Chromecast Device to Computer
The first step is to plug the HDMI end of the Chromecast device to the HDMI port of the TV.
1. Plug the HDMI end of Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your Home TV and plug the USB end to the USB power adapter.
2. Next, use the Remote Control of your Television to change the Source input of your TV to the right HDMI port into which the Chromecast device is plugged in.
Note: On most Remote Controls you will be required to press “Input” or the “Source” button and select the HDMI port into which the Chromecast device is plugged-in (HDMI 1, HDMI 2…)
Step #2. Setup Chromecast Using Google Home App
Now you are done with Setting up the Chromecast device on your Television. The next step is to setup Chromecast on your Windows 10 Computer by following the next steps as listed below.
The next step is to complete the Chromecast setup process using Google Home App, installed on any mobile device.
1. Download Google Home App on your Android Phone from Google Play Store. If you are using an iPhone, download Google Home App from the App Store.
2. Once the App is downloaded, tap on the Install option and follow the instructions to complete the Installation process.
3. Open Google Home App > tap on Get Started button > on the next screen, select your Google Account and Agree to terms and conditions by tapping on I Agree.
4. If prompted, allow Google Home to use your WiFi and Bluetooth Networks by tapping on the Allow option.
5. On Choose a Home screen, select an existing Home or Create/Add Another Home and tap on Next.
Note: If you select Add Home option, you will be prompted to type Name for your Home and tap on Next.
6. Wait for the Home App to locate your Chromecast device. Once that is done, tap on the Yes button.
7. You should now see a Code, both on Phone & TV screen. If the Code on Phone matches with that on TV, tap on the Yes button.
8. On the next screen, select a Location for your Chromecast Device and tap on Next.
9. On Connect to WiFi screen, select your WiFi Network and tap on Next.
10. Enter the Password for your WiFi Network, tap on Connect and follow the next instructions to complete the setup process
After completing above steps, you are ready to project YouTube Videos, Netflix Movies and other media playing on any mobile device or Windows 10/11 computer connected to the same WiFi Network.
Step #3. Project Media from Windows Computer to TV
Once the Chromecast Device is setup and connected to your WiFi network, it will be able to recognize all your mobile devices and computers connected to the same WiFi network.
To project media from computer to TV, open YouTube video or Netflix movie that you want watch on your computer and tap/click on the Cast Icon that appears on the video.
Once you click/tap on the Cast Icon, you will find the video/movie playing on the screen of your Home Television.
After the video/movie starts playing on TV, you are free to use any other apps on your computer. The video/movie will continue to play on the TV screen, even if the computer goes to sleep.