While you can project Computer Screen to TV using Miracast, you will be amazed at how effortless and easy it is to Cast Videos and Movies playing on your Computer to TV using Chromecast. You will find below the steps to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer.
What is Required to Setup Chromecast On Windows 10 PC
Chromecast is an easy device to setup and use on any device, including Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones and Tablets. In order to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10, you will be requiring the following.
1. Google Chromecast Device
2. Windows 10 Computer
3. Google Chrome Browser Installed on your Computer
Once you are ready with all these items, follow the steps as provided below to first plug the Chromecast device to your Home Television and then setup Chromecast on your Windows 10 Computer.
Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
Follow the steps below to setup Google Chromecast on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Plug in the HDMI end of Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your Home TV and plug the USB end to the USB power adapter (See image below)
2. Next, use the Remote Control of your Television to change the Source input of your TV to the right HDMI port into which the Chromecast device is plugged into (See image below)
On most Remote Controls you will be required to press “Input” or “Source” button and continue pressing the “Input” or “Source” button until the television display changes from “HDMI 1” to “HDMI 2.”
Now you are done with Setting up the Chromecast device on your Television. The next step is to setup Chromecast on your Windows 10 Computer by following the next steps as listed below.
3. Visit google.com/chrome to download and Install the Google Chrome browser on your Computer, in case you are not already using Chrome browser.
4. Open the Chrome browser on your computer and visit chromecast.com/setup
5. On the Chrome Setup screen, click on Set Up Your Chromecast using this Computer link (See image below).
6. On the next screen, you will be asked to Agree to Chromecast Privacy Terms by clicking on the Accept button.
7. Once you accept the terms, the webpage will start searching for available Chromecast devices connected to your WiFi Network (See image below).
Note: If your Computer cannot Find the Chromecast device, try switching the WiFi Network on your Computer from 2.4 to 5 GHz or vice versa.
8. On the next screen, click on Set Me Up button.
9. Next, click on the WiFi icon located to at the right corner of the taskbar on your Computer and then click on Chromecast’s open WiFi Network (See image below).
10. After connecting to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network, click on the Next button (See image below)
11. On the next screen, click on the Yes Arrow, if the Code appearing on the screen of your Windows computer is matching with the Code appearing on the bottom right corner of your TV (See image below).
12. On the next screen you will be asked to provide a Name for your Chromecast. Type any Name that you would like to use and click on Looks good (See image below)
13. Next, you will be asked to confirm your WiFi Settings. Select your WiFi Network, Enter the Password for your WiFi network and click on Connect.
14. Chromecast will display, Ready to Cast! screen.
Once you see the Ready to Cast screen, you are all setup and ready to Cast anything playing on the screen of your Windows 10 Computer onto the big screen of your Home Television.
How to Cast Videos, Movies From Computer to TV
Follow the steps below to Cast a Video or Movie playing on a Windows 10 Computer onto the large screen of your Home Television.
1. Open the Chrome Browser on your Windows 10 Computer
2. Find the Video or Movie on YouTube, Netflix or other Chrome Compatible websites that you want to watch on the large screen of your Home Television.
3. As the Video Starts Playing on your Computer, click on the Cast Icon located at the top right corner of your Computer
4. You will immediately see the Video/Movie playing on the screen of your Television.
As simple as that!