In case you haven’t tried it yet, iCloud Photos allows you to automatically upload and store all your Photos and Videos on iCloud. You will find below the steps to Setup and Use iCloud Photos on Mac.
Setup and Use iCloud Photos On Mac
Apple starts its device users with 5 GB Free storage space on iCloud and makes it easy to buy more storage space on iCloud at affordable rates.
For as little as $0.99/month you can buy 50 GB storage space on iCloud and start storing all your photos & Videos on iCloud Photos.
The clear advantage of iCloud Photos is that it makes all your Photos readily accessible on all your iCloud enabled devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac and PC) and also on icloud.com.
If you add new Photos to iCloud Photos or edit photos, the changes get synced across all your devices, sharing the same Apple ID.
Sign-in to iCloud Photos on Mac
In order to Setup iCloud Photos on any Apple device, you need to be signed in to your iCloud Account.
1. Click on the Apple Icon located in the top menu bar and select System Preferences… option in the drop-down menu.
2. On System Preferences screen, click on the iCloud icon.
3. On the next screen, enter your Apple ID and password to login to iCloud.
Setup iCloud Photos On Mac
Once you are signed in to iCloud, you can follow the steps below to Setup iCloud Photos on Mac
1. Open the Photos app on your Mac by clicking on the Photos Icon
2. Next, click on the Photos option in the top menu-bar and then Click on Preferences… in the drop-down menu.
3. On the next screen, click on iCloud tab and check iCloud Photos option.
On the same screen, you can select whether you want to keep original photos on Mac in full resolution or store them in storage optimized format.
Download Originals to this Mac: The original Photos and Videos on Mac will be stored in full resolution. Full resolution Photos will also be available on iCloud Photos.
Optimize Mac Storage: In case of low storage space, the original Photos on Mac will be replaced with low resolution images.
Full resolution Photos will be available on iCloud and they can be downloaded to your Mac at any time.
Shared Albums: Checking this option allows you to create a Shared Album on iCloud to share Photos and Videos with your family and friends.
How to Use iCloud Photos on Mac
Once iCloud Photos option is enabled, you can trust the Photos App to automatically upload Photos from Mac to iCloud Photos.
Photos uploaded to iCloud Photos from other devices will also be downloaded to your Mac, either in Full resolution or optimized format (depending on the setting).
Access iCloud Photos on Other Devices
All that is required to access Photos uploaded to iCloud Photos on other devices (iPhone or iPad) is to make sure that iCloud Photos is enabled on those devices.
As long as other devices are using the same Apple ID, you will be able to access iCloud Photos on all your devices.
If iCloud Photos is not enabled on any of your devices (Windows PC or Android Tablet), you can always access iCloud Photos by going to icloud.com.
1. Open Chrome or any other Web Browser and visit icloud.com.
2. Sign-in to iCloud using your Apple ID and Password.
3. On the next screen, click on the Photos Icon to access iCloud Photos.
Once you are in iCloud Photos, you can view or download iCloud Photos to your computer.