Here is how you can stop others from controlling your Chromecast Device by disabling “Let others control your Cast Media” option in Google’s Home App.
Stop Others from Controlling Your Chromecast Device
As you must have noticed, Google’s Home App App provides a Cast Notification to all the Android devices in your house that are connected to the same WiFi Network.
This means that every time you Cast a Video or Movie, everyone in your house will get a Cast Notification on their Android Phone or Tablet.
This practically allows, everyone in your house to Pause, Mute, and Stop your Cast by using the Cast Notification appearing on other devices connected to your WiFi Network.
Also, getting Chromecast Notifications, whether or not you really want them can be quite distracting and annoying in certain situations.
Luckily, you can fix this problem either by disabling Cast Notifications on all other devices or disabling Cast Notifications on individual devices on which you do not want to see these notifications.
1. Prevent Others from Controlling Your Chromecast Device
Follow the steps below to Stop others from controlling your Chromecast device.
1. Open Google’s Home App on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. Tap on your Chromecast device.
3. On the next screen, tap on Chromecast Settings icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. On Device Settings screen, scroll down and disable Let others control your cast media option.
This will prevent others from controlling your Chromecast device using other Android devices connected to your Home WiFi network.
2. Disable Chromecast Notifications on Individual Devices
In case you do not want to prevent all other devices in your house from controlling Chromecast, you can disable Chromecast notifications on individual devices and prevent selected individual devices them from controlling your Chromecast.
1. Open Settings on your Android Phone or Tablet
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Google located under “Personal” section.
3. On the Google screen, tap on Cast Media Controls option.
4. On the next screen, disable Media Controls for Cast Devices by moving the toggle to OFF position.
At any time, you can enable Media Controls for Cast Devices by moving the toggle to ON position.
With above steps, you can disable Chromecast Notifications on individual Android devices and prevent them from controlling your Chromecast device.