Are you getting verification required pop-up while installing free Apps from the App Store? You will find below the steps to stop Verification Required Message from appearing on your iPhone or iPad.
Verification Required Message When Installing Free Apps
iPhone and iPad users have reported the problem of coming across “Verification Required” error message while trying to install or update free Apps from the App Store.
This error Message effectively prevents the user from downloading or updating Apps, until the user taps on Continue option and proceeds to verify the payment information.
In general, the Verification Required error message occurs if the credit card registered with Apple has expired, payment method has failed or if there is an unpaid balance on the account.
Hence, in order to stop Verification Required message, you will need to update your Credit Card information or set the Payment method to “None”.
Stop Verification Required Message By Changing Payment Info
Follow the steps below to Stop Verification Required Message while installing or updating free Apps on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone
2. On the settings screen, tap on iTunes & App Store.
3. On the next screen, tap on your Apple ID.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your Apple ID Password.
4. Next, tap on View Apple ID > Payment Information.
5. On the next screen, tap on None option located under PAYMENT TYPE section and tap on Done to save this setting.
From now on, you won’t find your iPhone bothering you with Verification Required Message while Installing Free Apps from the App Store or while updating free Apps.
In case you cannot see the “None” option while accessing iTunes on iPhone or iPad, you can change Payment Information by accessing iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer.
Change iTunes Payment Information Using Computer
You can also access your iTunes Account on computer and update your Payment Information or Change Payment Type to “None” in order to stop Verification Required Message while downloading Free Apps from the App Store.
1. Open iTunes on your computer
2. Login to iTunes using your Apple ID and Password.
3. Next, click on the Account tab and then click on View My Account… option in the drop-down.
4. On the Account info screen, click on the Edit button located next to “Payment Type” option.
5. On the next screen, click on the None option and tap on Done to save this setting.
This will fix the issue of “None” option not appearing on Payment Information screen on your iPhone and will also stop Verification Required Message while downloading free Apps on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.