If you are looking for a way to Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows PC, you will find below different methods to import iPhone Photos to Windows computer.
Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows Computer
There are many users of iPhone who prefer using a Windows computer, compared to using Mac for both work and personal use.
Fortunately, using a Windows computer does not prevent you in any way from transferring Photos from iPhone or iPad to computer or vice versa.
Photos stored on the physical device storage of iPhone can be easily copied to the Desktop using File Explorer or transferred to computer using the Photos App.
Apart from Photos stored on iPhone, you can also transfer iCloud Photos to Windows computer using the iCloud App for Windows, as available on Microsoft Store and App Store.
1. Transfer iPhone Photos to PC using File Explorer
An easy way to transfer photos from iPhone to computer is by using File Explorer.
1. Connect iPhone to computer.
2. When prompted, enter your Lock Screen Passcode to unlock iPhone.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Allow to provide the computer with access to Photos on iPhone.
4. Next, open the File Explorer on your computer.
5. On File Explorer screen, navigate to This PC > iPhone > Internal Storage and open DCIM Folder.
6. In DCIM Folder, select Apple Folders > right-click on the Select Folders and click on Copy.
Note: Apple Folders contain Photos stored on iPhone, while iCloud Folders contain iCloud Photos.
7. Once the Apple Folders are copied, you can Paste the Folders anywhere on your Desktop or create a New Folder and paste iPhone Photo Folders into the New Folder.
Depending on the size of Photo Folders, it can take anywhere from 30 seconds to several minutes to transfer all the Photos from iPhone to your computer.
2. Transfer iPhone Photos to PC using Windows Photos App
The Photos App in Windows 10 makes it easy to import photos from iPhone or iPad to your computer.
1. Plug iPhone or iPad to your computer.
2. Open Photos App > select the Import option and click on From a USB device option.
3. On the next screen, use the Down Arrow to select All Items option. Once All Photos are selected you can uncheck Photos that you do not want to import to computer.
Note: You will also see Items Since Last Import option in the select box.
4. Once you are done, click on the Import option to Import all the selected photos to your computer.
Patiently wait for all iPhone Photos to be imported to the Pictures Folder on your computer.
3. Sync iCloud Photos to Computer
As mentioned above, you can Sync iCloud Photos to computer, using iCloud for Windows App, as available on the App Store and Microsoft store.
1. Download iCloud For Windows application on your Computer.
2. Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded iCloud Setup file and follow the onscreen instructions to Install iCloud for Windows on your computer.
3. When prompted, enter your Apple ID and Password to login to your iCloud Account.
4. On the next screen, check the Photos option by clicking in the little box next to Photos.
On the pop-up, select iCloud Photo Library option and click on Done.
Note: You can change iCloud download location by clicking on Change.
5. Next, click on Apply to begin the process of transferring iCloud Photos to the Downloads Folder on your computer.
6. Once all iCloud Photos are downloaded, open the File Explorer on your computer.
7. On File Explorer window, click on iCloud Photos tab in the left-pane. In the right-pane, click on the Downloads Icon.
8. On the next screen, click on the Downloads Folder to see all your iCloud Photos arranged in different sub-folders.
To make a Backup, you can copy the entire Downloads Folder to Desktop, USB drive or any other location on your computer.