Perhaps the simplest way to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows PC is to simply treat your iPhone like a camera and transfer photos the same way as you have been doing it for ages with your digital camera. You can do this periodically to prevent your iPhone from getting clogged with tons of images.
Transfer Photos From iPhone to Windows PC
Follow the steps below to transfer photos from an iPhone or iPad to a Windows computer.
As mentioned above, you can treat your iPhone like a regular digital camera and access the familiar DCIM folder that also holds the images on your iPhone (the same old familiar image folder).
1. Connect your iPhone to your Windows Laptop/Desktop using a USB cable (Lightning cable or 30-pin USB cord).
2. Once your iOS device is connected to your PC, you will see a pop-up message on your iPhone/iPad screen, asking you whether you want this device (your PC) to access Photos and Videos (See image below).
3. Tap on Allow (See image above).
Your device is now connected to the computer and you will be able to access your iPhone from your computer by using the Windows File Explorer utility.
4. Click on the Windows 10 icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen (See image below).
5. Now from the Menu, click on File Explorer (See image above).
6. On the File Explorer Window, locate Apple iPhone and click on it.
7. Next, click on Internal Storage > DCIM
Once you click on DCIM, you will see different Folders containing your photos on iPhone (See image above).
8. Select all the Folders and right click on them. Next, click on Copy on the pop-up Menu.
9. Now you can either paste the folders anywhere on your Desktop or create a new folder and paste the folders into this new folder.
Depending on the size of your iPhone image folders, it will take a few seconds or few minutes before all the image folders are copied to your desktop.
10. Check the folders on your desktop to make sure that all the images have been copied to your computer.
Now that you have made a backup of your iPhone photos to a computer using this simple method, you can safely delete all the photos from your iPhone to free up storage space on your device.