Users have reported about MS Teams re-installing itself, even after clearly being uninstalled from the computer. Hence, we are providing below the steps to completely Uninstall Microsoft Teams in Windows 10.
Completely Uninstall Microsoft Teams
Users who do not want to use MS Teams, uninstall this App the usual way by going to Settings > Apps > Microsoft Teams > Uninstall.
However, deleting Microsoft Teams the usual way does not work, as MS Teams tends to reinstall itself back, as soon as you sign-in to your computer.
This happens due to presence of Teams Machine Wide Installer on your computer, which gets installed on your computer along with Microsoft Teams, when you subscribe to Microsoft Office Program.
Hence, you need to remove both Microsoft Teams and also Teams Machine-Wide Installer, in order to completely get rid of Microsoft Teams from your computer.
1. Uninstall Microsoft Teams Using Settings
The easiest way to remove Microsoft Teams is by going to the Settings screen on your computer.
1. Open Settings on your computer and click on Apps.
2. Click on Apps & Features in the left-pane. In the right-pane, search for “Teams” > click on Microsoft Teams and click on Uninstall.
3. On the conformation pop-up, click on Uninstall to confirm.
4. Next, click on Teams Machine-Wide Installer and click on Uninstall.
After this, you will no longer find Microsoft Teams installing itself back on your computer.
2. Delete Microsoft Teams Using Control Panel
You can also remove or delete Microsoft Teams from your computer using Control Panel.
1. Open Control Panel on your computer.
2. On Control Panel screen, click on Uninstall Program link under “Programs” section.
3. On the next screen, select Microsoft Teams and click on Uninstall.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, click on Uninstall.
5. Next, select Teams Machine-Wide Installer and click on Uninstall.
This will permanently remove Microsoft Teams program from your computer and it won’t be able to reinstall back on your device.
After this, the only way to bring Microsoft Teams back on your computer would be download the App from Microsoft’s website and install it on your computer.