Apple’s “Find My” Service can be used to track the location of Lost, Misplaced or Stolen iPhone. You can find below the steps to Use Find My iPhone to track location of your lost iPhone.
Find Lost iPhone Using Find My iPhone
When you enable “Find My iPhone” service, the location of your iPhone is continuously tracked by Apple’s Find My service using WiFi, Cellular and Bluetooth technology.
In addition to indicating the location of your device, Apple’s “Find My” service can also be used to remotely wipe out all the data from your lost device.
This feature prevents the possibility of your Photos, Personal data and other confidential information from being accessed and misused.
1. Enable “Find My iPhone” Service On iPhone
As mentioned above, Apples “Find My” service tracks the location of iPhone only when this feature is enabled on your device.
1. Open Settings > tap on your Apple ID Name > Find My > On Find My screen, tap on Find My iPhone option.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Find My iPhone to ON position. You may also want to Enable Find My Network and Send Last Location options.
As mentioned above, Enabling Find My Network tracks the location of your iPhone, even if gets disconnected from Cellular and WiFi Networks.
2. Use Find My to Locate Your Lost iPhone
In case your iPhone gets misplaced, lost or stolen, you can follow the steps below to track the location of your Lost iPhone.
1. Using your computer (Mac or PC) visit icloud.com
2. Sign-in to your iCloud by entering your Apple ID and Password associated with the Lost iPhone.
3. Once you are in iCloud, scroll down and click on Find iPhone Icon.
4. When prompted, enter your Apple ID Password, to sign-in to Find My iPhone Service.
5. On the next screen, click on All Devices option and select your lost iPhone in the drop-down.
6. Once you click on your iPhone, you will be able to see the last location of your iPhone on a Map.
On the same screen, you will see Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPhone options. You will Notify me when found option, in case both WiFi and Bluetooth have been switched OFF on your iPhone.
If your iPhone happens to be online or connected to Bluetooth, you will be able use any of the three options as available in Apple’s Find My iPhone service: Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPhone.
Here is an explanation of what each of these options do:
Play Sound: This option allows you to play an Audible Tone on your lost iPhone, even if it is placed on vibrate or silent mode.
Use this option if you believe that your iPhone has been misplaced somewhere within your own house or office.
Lost mode: When you select Lost Mode, you will be prompted to enter a Phone number where you can be reached at. This Phone number will be displayed on the screen of your lost iPhone, so that the finder can get in touch with you.
The Lost Mode also plays an audible tone, in order to draw the attention of the finder to your iPhone.
Erase iPhone: This option allows you to remotely erase all the data on your device. You can use this option to prevent your personal information and data from falling into wrong hands.