The Group Chat feature in WhatsApp allows people to share Photos, videos and information with family, friends and others. You will find below the steps to Add People to WhatsApp Group without Saving to Contacts.
Add People to WhatsApp Group Without Saving to Contacts
When you create a WhatsApp Group, you will be prompted to add members to the Group by selecting people who are already in your Contacts List.
If you try to Add people later on (after creating the Group), WhatsApp will still take you to the Contact List on your phone.
This default method of adding people to WhatsApp Group is not suitable, if the people that you want to add to WhatsApp Group are not available in your Contact List.
In which case, the Group Admins will be required to first add people to their Contact List, before being able to add them to WhatsApp Group.
Luckily, it is possible to add people to WhatsApp Group without saving to Contacts and this can be achieved by sending an invitation link to join WhatsApp Group.
1. Add People to WhatsApp Group Without Saving to Contacts
Make sure that you have the Admin Rights to WhatsApp Group and follow the steps below to Add People to WhatsApp Group Without Saving to Contacts.
1. Make sure you are on the Chats tab in WhatsApp and tap on your WhatsApp Group.
2. Once you are in WhatsApp Group, tap on three-dots menu icon and tap on Group info option in the drop-down.
3. On Group Info screen, scroll down and tap on Invite via link option.
4. On the next screen, you will see WhatsApp Group Invite Link and a message reading “Anyone with WhatsApp can follow this link to join this group. Only share it with people you trust”.
Below the message, you will see the options to Copy, Share & Revoke Link – Tap on Share link option.
5. On the share menu that appears, you will see various options to send WhatsApp Group link.
You can send the link using Gmail, SMS, Skype and various other means.
Anyone on WhatsApp will be able to join the Group using the Invite Link and they won’t be added to your Contact List.
Revoke WhatsApp Group Invite Link
The disadvantage of adding people to WhatsApp using Share Link is the possibility of unknown or undesirable people joining your WhatsApp Group.
If this happens, you can follow the steps below to revoke WhatsApp Group Invite Link and replace it with a new WhatsApp Group Invite Link.
1. Open WhatsApp Group > tap on three-dots menu icon and tap on Group info option in the drop-down.
2. On Group Info screen, scroll down and tap on Invite via link option.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Revoke Link option.
4. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Revoke Link option.
5. On the next pop-up, tap on OK.
As you can see in above image, WhatsApp has revoked the previous Group Invite Link and replaced it with a new one.
After revoking the link, you will have to manually remove the unknown or undesirable people from your WhatsApp Group.