By default, songs that you add from Apple Music Catalog to a Playlist are automatically added to your Library in Apple Music. However, you can also turn off this option which allows you to Add Songs to Playlist without adding them to Library in Apple Music.
Add Songs to Playlist Without Adding Them to Library in Apple Music
As mentioned above, every song that you add to a Playlist ends up being on your Music Library. This creates the problem of the same songs (that you heard in Playlist) repeating when you play songs on shuffle in iTunes.
For example, if you create a Playlist containing Christmas songs in December, you may end up hearing the same Christmas songs when you play on shuffle in May.
You will find below the steps to Add songs to Playlist without adding them to Library in Apple Music on iPhone and Mac or PC.
Add Songs to Playlist Without Adding Them to Library On iPhone
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. On the Settings Screen, scroll down and tap on Music.
3. On the next screen, turn off the option for Add Playlist Songs by moving the toggle to OFF position.
After this setting, you can Add Songs to any Playlist that you create on iPhone and those songs will not be added to your Playlist.
1. Open the Music App on your iPhone
2. Tap on the 3-Dots icon next to the Song that you want to add to Playlist.
3. Tap on Add to a Playlist… option in the pop-up.
4. Next, select the Playlist to which you want to Add the Song to.
The selected song will be added to Playlist and it won’t be copied to your Music Library.
Add Songs to Playlist Without Adding Them to Library On Mac
Follow the steps below to prevent Songs being added to Music Library when you add them to playlist
1. Open iTunes on your Mac
2. From the top-menu bar on your Mac, click on iTunes and then click on Preferences in the drop-down.
3. On the next screen, click on the General tab and uncheck the box for Add songs to Library when adding to playlists and click on OK to save the changes.
After this Setting, you will be able Add Songs to any Playlist without worrying about the same songs ending up in your Music Library.