iPhone makes it really easy to Block Text Messages from anyone that you no longer wish to receive Messages from or is bothering you with unwanted messages.
Block Text Messages from Anyone on iPhone
Before going ahead with the steps to Block Text Messages from anyone, you need to be aware that the Message and Call blocking feature on iPhone is implemented in a global or universal way.
This means that once you block Text Messages from anyone on iPhone, the blocked person will no longer be able to send you iMessages, SMS Text Messages or contact you by making a Phone or FaceTime call.
However, the Name or Phone Number of the blocked person will still be available in your Contacts List, which allows you to Unblock the Phone Number, if you decide to do so.
1. Block Text Messages on iPhone Messages App
1. Open Messages app and tap on the Message or Conversation of the person that you want to block.
2. On the next screen, tap on Name or Number of this Contact.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Info tab.
4. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Block this caller or Block Number option.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, select the Block option to confirm
The selected Contact will be immediately added to the Block List and won’t be able to send you Text Messages, make Calls or FaceTime you on iPhone.
2. Mute Someone in Messages App on iPhone
Another option that is available on iPhone is to simply Mute Conversations of the person that you no longer wish to remain in contact with, instead of blocking that person.
Open Messages App > Swipe left on the Conversation that you want to Mute and tap on the Bell icon that becomes available.
Now, all Text Messages from this particular person will be muted, which should be good enough to prevent this particular individual from bothering you with Text Messages.
At any time, you can unmute the Conversation by swiping-left on the conversation and tapping on the Bell Icon.
3. Unblock Text Messages on iPhone
If you change your decision or end up blocking anyone by mistake, you can follow the steps below to unblock Text Messages from anyone on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Messages > scroll down and tap on Blocked Contacts.
2. On Blocked Contacts screen, tap on the Edit option located at top-right corner of your screen.
3. Next, tap on red minus “–” icon located next to phone number that you want to unblock.
4. Tap on the Unblock button that appears and tap Done to save this change on your iPhone.
This will remove the phone number from the Block List and this person will be able to send you SMS text messages and also iMessages (if the person is using an Apple device).