Windows 10 allows you to easily change the desktop background to your preferred color, picture or even a slideshow. In this post, you will learn about how to make use of the personalization options in Windows 10 to change and tweak the desktop background to make it your own.
Change Desktop Background in Windows 10
1. Click on Windows 10 Start or the Home button – You will find this at the lower left corner of your screen, next to the search bar. (See image below)
2. Click on Settings.
3. On the next screen click on Personalization (See image below)
4. Next click on Background.
As you can see in the image above, the background options will show your current background and allow you to choose a background type from the following 3 choices.
- Solid Color: Your screen background will just be a solid color and you can choose from 24 color shades
- Picture: You can choose any picture as your screen background
- Slideshow: In this setting you can set your screen background as a slideshow. You can set the slideshow to change pictures every 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hour or to 1 day.
5. Depending on your preference, set the background type to either Solid Color, Picture or Slideshow and use the choices provided in each case to set the desktop background to your preferred color, picture or pictures (in the case of slide show).
You can Upload Your Own Desktop Background Image
In case you have decided to set your desktop background as a Picture (In step 5 above), you can either choose any stock image as provided by Windows 10 as the desktop background image or browse to other images on your computer to set as your preferred desktop background image.
6. Simply click on Browse to choose your own Photo stored anywhere on your computer
7. Select the photo that you want and it will appear as your desktop background.
Adjust Layout of Desktop Background Image
8. Once you select a background image you can adjust the layout of the uploaded background image by clicking on the box labelled ‘Choose a fit‘ to select from the following options.
- Fill: The desktop background image will fill the desktop (image may enlarge or reduce in size)
- Fit: The image will be the same size
- Tile: The image will repeat to fill the entire desktop
- Stretch: Similar to fill, the image will stretch to fit the desktop
- Center: The image will be placed in the middle of the desktop
- Span: The image will span across the desktop
You can try all the options to fully understand them and choose the one that suits you.
Set Desktop Background By Right Clicking
Another cool feature in Windows 10 is that you can right click on any image located on your computer and choose to set this image as your desktop background image.
1. Right-click on any image located on the desktop or in any folder on your computer
2. Choose Set as desktop background