You may want to change IP Address in case your IP is currently blocked by a website or web service and for other reasons. You will find below the steps to Change IP Address.
Change IP Address
There are multiple ways to change IP Address and you can use any of the following methods to change your public IP Address.
1. Change IP Address by Unplugging the Router
The easiest way to change IP Address would be to simply unplug the Router from its Power Supply, wait for 5 minutes and then Restart the Router by plugging it back to its Power Supply.
In most cases, your internet service provider will assign a New IP Address to your Router as it has been disconnected from the internet.
Now, check your IP Address by typing “What is My IP” in Chrome or any other web browser.
You can also check your IP Address on Windows computer by going to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi or Ethernet > Network Name.
If the IP Address has not changed, you can leave the Router unplugged for a longer time and expect your service provider to assign a New IP Address.
2. Change IP Address On Windows 10 Computer
You can change IP Address right on your Windows computer by following the steps below.
1. Right-click on the Start Button and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
2. On the Command Prompt Window, type ipconfig /release and press the Enter Key.
Make sure there is a space between ipconfig and the forward slash (see above image)
3. Next, type ipconfig /renew and press the Enter key.
After these two commands are executed, you should now have a new IP Address.
3. Change IP Address Using Router Settings
You can also change IP Address by logging into your Router and using steps as suggested by Router Manufacturer.
1. Open Chrome or any other Web Browser on your computer.
2. Type the Web interface IP Address of your Router into the Address bar and press the Enter Key
If you are unable to access the Router Login Screen using Default IP Address (192.168.1.1), you need to check the website of your Router Manufacturer to find the IP Address that allows you to login to the Router.
2. Once you enter the correct Web Interface IP Address in the search bar of your web browser, you will be able to reach the Login Page of your Router.
3. Enter the User Name and Password to Login to your Router. Both User Name and Password are usually “admin”, unless they were changed by you, your network administrator or by your service provider.
3. Once you are logged-in to the Router, you should be able to change IP Address.
The exact steps to change IP Address through Router Settings will depend on the manufacturer of your Router.
4. Change IP Address Using VPN
In case the purpose of changing IP Address is to by-pass IP Address restrictions or to browse the internet anonymously, you can consider using a VPN service.
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) completely hides your IP Address from the Internet and allows you to connect to the Internet using a different IP Address as assigned by the VPN service provider.