It is good practice to Clear Safari Browsing History on Mac, as it can help protect your privacy from anyone that is trying to discover your browsing patterns and the websites that you visit. You will find below the steps to Clear Safari Browsing History on Mac
Clear Safari Browsing History on Mac
The Safari Browser on Mac offers a Clear History tool that allows you to Clear your entire browsing history on Mac and also offers the options to Clear Yesterdays, Todays and Last Hours browsing history.
Although, the option is named as “Clear History”, it actually deletes Cookies and also the entire browser cache, in addition to deleting your browsing history.
Safari browser also offers a way to clear individual websites or specific web pages from your browsing history on Mac. However, this option is somewhat hidden and not readily recognizable for most Mac users.
Clear Entire Safari Browsing History on Mac
Follow the steps below to clear your entire Safari browsing history on Mac.
1. Open the Safari Browser on your Mac
2. Next, click on the Safari tab in the top menu bar of your Mac and then click on Clear History… option in the drop-down menu (See image below)
3. You will see a pop-up, click on the top/down Arrow bars next to Clear (See image below).
4. Clicking on the Arrow bars will provide you with various options to clear Safari browsing history on Mac. Click on All History and then click on Clear History button to clear all your Safari Browsing history on Mac (See image below).
Clear Safari Browsing History For Individual Sites
As mentioned above, the Safari browser on Mac also provides an option to delete individual websites or webpages from your browsing history.
Follow the steps below to clear individual websites from Safari browsing history on Mac, instead of deleting all your Safari browsing history.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac
2. Next, click on the History Tab in the top menu bar and then click on Show History Option in the drop-down menu (See image below)
3. Next, you will see a listing of all the websites and webpages that you have visited on Safari Browser (See image below)
4. Right-click on the webpage or website that you would like to remove from your browsing history on Mac and click on the Remove option from the drop-down (See image below).
Alternatively, You can also select any entry in the list of websites visited and just hit the Delete key on your keyboard.
6. To delete multiple webpages, you can select items in the History list by holding down the Shift Key and hit the delete key on your Keyboard.