Creating a System Image backup of your computer can practically help you safeguard and recover everything that is stored on the hard disk of your computer. You will find below the steps to Create System Image Backup in Windows 10.
Create System Image Backup in Windows 10
The Backup and Recovery Tool as available in Windows 10 allows you to create a complete snapshot of your computer and use this snapshot to restore your computer, in case something goes wrong with it.
This System Image snapshot includes all your Files, Photos, Programs, Operating system files, Settings and almost everything as available on your computer.
This allows you to recover all your files, photos, data and programs, in case something goes wrong with your computer.
So, without further delay, let us take a look at the steps to Create System Image in Windows 10.
Create System Image in Windows 10 Using Backup and Restore Tool
Make sure that an External Drive to store the System Image Backup is connected to your computer and follow the steps below to create System Image Backup in Windows 10.
1. Open Control Panel on your computer.
Note: You can do this by typing Control Panel in the start menu search bar.
2. On Control Panel screen, make sure that you are in Category View and click on System and Security option.
3. On the System and Security screen, scroll down and click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7) option.
Note: Do not worry about Windows 7, this tool works in Windows 10 as well.
4. On the next screen, click on Create a System image option located in the side menu.
5. If you are prompted, enter your Admin Password.
6. On the next screen, select the External Drive where you want to store the System Image and click on Next.
7. Wait for your computer to complete the process of Creating System image (few hours).
The time to create system image will depend on the amount of data available on your computer.
When the System Image backup is completed, you will be asked if you want to create a System Repair Disk.
If your computer has an Optical Disc Drive, you can create a System Repair Disc. If not, you can create a Recovery Drive by going to Control Panel > Recovery > Create a Recovery Drive.
The recovery drive can help you restore your computer when you are unable to access or login to your computer.