Creating your own Contact Card on iPhone with your personal information like Name, Home Address, Work Address and Contact information is important. This allows some of the Apps on your iPhone to make use of your personal information to provide you with better and personalized services.
Benefits of Creating Your Contact Card On iPhone
In case you were not aware, Creating your Contact Card On iPhone with proper Home and Work Address is the only way of setting up these details in the Apple Maps app.
This allows you to get directions to Home or Place of work by using Voice Commands like “Siri take me Home” or “Siri take me to work”. In case you do not like using Siri, you can search for directions to Home or Work by searching for “Home” or “Work” in the Maps App.
In addition to the Maps App, the Safari App uses the information in your Contact Card for its Autofill feature. Also, having your information on iPhone makes it easy for you to share your Contact details.
Create Your Contact Card on iPhone
Creating your own Contact Card on iPhone is similar to Creating a Contact Card for any of your Contacts.
1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone
Note: In case you deleted or cannot find the Contacts App, you can open the Phone app and tap on Contacts option located in the bottom menu.
2. Once the Contacts app is open, tap on the + button from the top right corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, enter in your Name, Phone Number, Home Address and other applicable details.
4. Once you have entered in your details save your Contact information by tapping on Done from the top right corner of your screen.
Add Contact Card to My Info on iPhone
Once you have created a Contact Card on iPhone with your personal information, you need to add this Contact Card to My Info section on your iPhone.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings Screen, scroll down and tap on Contacts.
3. On the Contacts screen, tap on the My Info tab (See image below)
4. On the next screen, select the Contact that you had created for yourself.
From now on whenever you open the Contacts app on your iPhone you will see your Contact card at the very top of your screen along with your Photo and Name.