If you have updated your phone to Android Oreo, you must have seen “Apps running in background” or “Apps using battery” notification. In case you want to, it is possible to disable Apps Using Battery notification on Android Phone using the steps as provided below.
Disable App is Using Battery Notification On Android Phone
Some of the Apps on Google Play Store are designed to remain active on your phone by silently running in the background. This leads to unnecessary use of resources and drains battery life.
Hence, Google brought this new feature in Android Oreo 8.0 to notify users about Apps running in the background on Android Devices.
With Android 8.1, Google renamed the “App is Running in the Background” notification to “App is using battery” and also provided an option to disable this notification.
While this new feature is good for reminding users about Apps running in the background and using battery life, many users are looking for a way to disable persistent “Apps Running in Background” and “Apps Using Battery” notifications on their Android Phones.
Disable “App is Using Battery” Notification on Android Phone
1. When you see “App is using battery” notification on your Android Phone, swipe right on the notification to open a slide-over menu.
2. On the slide-over menu, tap on the Gear icon (See image above)
3. Next, turn OFF the “Apps consuming battery” option by moving the slider to OFF position.
Note: This will disable Notifications for all the Apps on your Android Phone.
Another way to disable “App is Using Battery” notification is to use the Settings App on your Android Phone.
1. Open Settings on your phone and tap on Apps & Notifications
2. On the next screen, tap on See all apps option
3. On the App info screen, tap on the 3-dot icon located at the top-right corner of your screen and tap on Show system option in the drop-down.
4. Next, tap on Android System from the list of apps and services
5. Next, tap on App Notifications and toggle off Apps consuming battery option.
Disable App is Running in the Background Notification on Android Phone
If you are running Android 8.0 you will see “App is Running in Background” Notification and there is no option in Settings to disable this notification.
Hence, the need to make use of an App to disable “App is Running in Background” notification on your Android Phone.
Open Google Play Store on your Android device and Install the Hide “running in the background” Notification app. Once the app is installed, provide the App with Permission to Access Notifications screen by tapping on Ok
On the next screen, toggle ON the slider next to Hide “running in the background” Notification, in order to grant the App with permission to access notifications on your Phone.
Next, tap on the Allow option in the pop-up menu that appears.
From now on, the App will start hiding “Running in the background” notifications on your Android Phone.