If required, you can prevent your Laptop or Desktop computer from going to sleep by disabling Sleep Mode. You will find below 2 different methods to Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10.
Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10
When Sleep Mode is enabled on a Windows Computer, it automatically goes into a state of Low Power Mode after a certain period of inactivity.
Whenever you need to work on the computer again, you will be able to wake up the computer almost immediately by pressing the Power Button.
With default Sleep Mode settings, most Windows computers go into Sleep Mode after 15 Minutes (While on battery) and 30 minutes (when pugged-in to a power supply) of inactivity.
While the default sleep mode setting is good enough for most activities, it may not be suitable in certain cases or suitable for all users.
Luckily, it is easy to fix this issue by disabling sleep mode while your computer is connected to power and selecting your desired sleep mode setting while your computer is running on Battery.
Disable Sleep Mode Using Settings
Follow the steps below to prevent your computer from going to sleep by using Windows 10 using Settings.
1. Open Settings and click on System.
2. On the next screen, select Power & Sleep in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to “Sleep” section and set ‘When Plugged in’ to Never.
To conserve Battery life, you can set the sleep mode setting for ‘On Battery Power’ to 30 minutes or 1 hour.
Disable Sleep Mode Using Advanced Power Plan Settings
Another way to change Sleep Mode setting on a Windows 10 computer is by using Advanced Power Settings.
1. Open Settings > click on the System icon.
2. On the System screen, select Power & Sleep in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Additional Power Settings Link.
3. On the next screen, click on Change Plan Settings link, located next to the current Power plan on your computer.
4. On the next screen, Disable Sleep Mode by setting ‘Put the computer to sleep’ setting to Never.
To conserve Battery Life, you can set Put the computer to sleep option while ‘On Battery’ to 30 minutes or 1 hour.