You can upload documents and all kinds of files from Mac or PC to iCloud Drive and access them on any device in your iCloud Account. You will find below the steps to Upload Files to iCloud Drive.
Upload Files to iCloud Drive
As mentioned above, you can use Apple’s iCloud Drive to upload and store any kind of files, including images, videos, documents, spreadsheets and presentation files.
Once files are uploaded to iCloud Drive, they can be accessed across multiple devices from anywhere in the world and easily shared with others.
While Apple starts users with 5 GB of Free iCloud Drive storage, this space is only good enough for storing Automated iCloud Backups and some photos.
In order to make the best use of iCloud Drive, you need to think of upgrading to a Paid iCloud Account.
You can upgrade to 50 GB iCloud Storage for as little as $0.99/month and go up the scale to 200 GB for $2.99/month and 2 TB for $9.99/month.
If you change your mind, you can downgrade to a lower option or even go back to the Free 5 GB option at any time.
1. iCloud Drive Structure
The structure of iCloud Drive is pretty bare bones and really simple to understand. You are basically looking at 4 main icons that do their job perfectly well.
As you can see in the image above, the Folder shaped icon (1) allows you to create folders. The two Cloud shaped icons (2 and 3) allow you to Upload and Download Files while the Trash bin icon (4) helps you delete files and folders.
2. Login to iCloud Drive
You can Login to iCloud Drive from your Mac or PC, as long as it is connected to the internet.
1. Visit iCloud.com on your Mac or Windows computer
2. Login to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and password.
3. Once you are logged in, click on the iCloud Drive icon to access your iCloud Drive space.
4. If you are logging into iCloud Drive for the first time, you may find it empty with no files and folders.
If you login from Mac, you my find empty Documents, Desktop, Downloads and other folders.
3. Create Folders On iCloud Drive
While you can start uploading files to iCloud Drive by clicking on the Cloud shaped upload icon, it is better to keep your files your iCloud Drive space organized by creating folders for different type of files.
1. Click on the Folder icon and it will immediately create an untitled Blank Folder.
2. Type a descriptive Name for the Folder.
Once the Folder is created, you can get access into the folder by double-clicking on it.
4. Upload Files to iCloud Drive
Now that you have created a Folder on iCloud and given it a proper name, you can start uploading files to this folder by following the steps below.
1. Double-click on the Folder to which you want to add Files.
2. Once you are in the Folder, click on the upload Cloud icon.
3. On the next screen, navigate to the Location of the File that you want to upload > select the File and click on Choose.
If the File is small, it will immediately show up on iCloud Drive. If you are uploading a large file, you will see it uploading to iCloud Drive.
Note: The current size limit of files that you can upload to iCloud Drive is 15 GB or less.
5. How to Delete Files On iCloud Drive
As you start using iCloud Drive, you may find the need to delete Files from iCloud Drive.
1. Double-click on the Folder where the File that you want to deleted is located.
2. Once you are in the Folder, select File that you want to delete by clicking on it.
3. Once the File is selected, click on the Trash can icon to delete the selected File.
6. How to Delete Folders On iCloud Drive
Deleting folders on iCloud Drive is as simple as creating them.
1. Select the Folder that you want to delete by clicking on it.
2. Once the folder is selected, click on the Trash Can icon to delete the selected folder.
3. You may see a confirmation pop-up, click on the Delete option to confirm.
7. Download Files From iCloud Drive
Follow the steps below to download files from iCloud Drive to your computer.
1. Open the Folder in which Files that want to download are located.
2. Once you are in the Folder, select the File or Files that you want to download by clicking on them.
3. After selecting Files, click on the Download Cloud icon.
The Selected files will be downloaded to your computer.