WhatsApp allows you to send Messages and make free Voice and Video calls to anyone in the world. You can find below the steps to Download and Use WhatsApp on iPhone.
Download & Use WhatsApp On iPhone
Similar to other Apps, WhatsApp for iOS devices can be downloaded from the App Store on iPhone, iPod or iPad.
After downloading WhatsApp, all that is required is to open WhatsApp on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions to Setup WhatsApp on iPhone.
You can find below the exact steps along with relevant screen shots, illustrating the entire process to Download and Setup WhatsApp on iPhone.
Before going ahead with the steps, you need to be aware that you will be required to provide your Phone Number to WhatsApp in order to verify your WhatsApp account.
However, it is also possible to verify WhatsApp account without using your mobile phone number by using a workaround as provided in this guide: How to Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM card.
Step #1. Download WhatsApp from App Store on iPhone
The first step is to download the iOS version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone > search for WhatsApp and tap on WhatsApp as it comes up in search results.
2. Next, tap on the Get option next to WhatsApp to start the process of downloading WhatsApp on your iPhone.
3. Patiently wait for WhatsApp to be downloaded on your iPhone.
Step #2. Create Your WhatsApp Account on iPhone
After downloading WhatsApp, the next step is to complete the setup process and create your WhatsApp Account on iPhone.
2. On the next screen, select your Country, enter Phone Number and tap on Done.
Once you tap on Done, WhatsApp will send a six-digit verification code to your phone number by SMS Message.
3. On the next screen, enter the six-digit Verification Code as received from WhatsApp.
If you do not receive the verification code, do not close the screen or try to change the phone number. Wait for the “Call me” option to appear (5 minutes) and tap on the Call Me option.
Once you tap on Call Me, you will receive an automated voice call from WhatsApp. Answer the Call and note down the verification code as provided by WhatsApp.
4. Once your phone number is verified, enter your Name on the next screen and tap on Done. to complete the setup process.
After this, you are all setup and ready to use WhatsApp to Chat and make Voice/Video Calls to your relative and friends, located anywhere in the world.
Step #3. Upload Photo to WhatsApp Profile
While it is not necessary to upload a profile photo to WhatsApp, most users like to personalize their WhatsApp account by uploading a profile photo.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on the Settings tab in bottom menu.
2. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on your Name to access the Edit profile screen.
3. On the next screen, you can upload your profile picture by tapping on Add Photo icon and edit your Name and Status by tapping on Name and Status fields.
Note: You can also import your Facebook Profile to WhatsApp by tapping on Use Your Facebook Info.
Step #4. Add Contacts to WhatsApp
If you provide WhatsApp with access to your Contacts on iPhone, it will automatically identify Contacts that are already on WhatsApp and add them as your WhatsApp Contacts.
If you prefer not to provide WhatsApp with access to Contacts, you can manually add selected Contacts to WhatsApp by following the steps below.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on the Chats tab in bottom Menu > On the Chats screen, tap on New Chat icon located at the top-right corner.
2. On New Chat screen, tap on New Contact option.
3. On the next screen, type the Name, Phone Number, other Details and save the Contact to WhatsApp.
Step #5. Invite Contacts to WhatsApp
If any of your Contacts are not on WhatsApp, you can send them an invitation to join WhatsApp by following the steps below.
Open WhatsApp > tap on the Chats tab in the bottom Menu. On the Chats screen, tap on New Chat icon.
On the next screen, scroll all the way down and tap on Share Invite Link and select Mail, Message or any other App to send the invitation link.