The procedure to Force Reboot or Force Restart iPhone 8 is different compared to the earlier versions of iPhones. You will find below the steps to Hard Reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus phones.
Force Restart or Hard Reset iPhone 8
A Hard Reset, which is also known as “Force Restart” or “Force Reboot” is usually employed when iPhone becomes frozen, unresponsive or when it appears to be suffering from unexplained glitches.
In earlier models, the procedure to Hard Reset iPhone involved the use of Home & Power buttons, which changed in iPhone 7 to Home and Volume Down buttons due to replacement of the classical Home button with a non-moving version.
However, in iPhone 8, pressing and holding down Power and Volume Button activates Apple’s new Emergency SOS Mode.
Hence, Apple has yet again released a new sequence of actions to Hard Reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Phones.
1. Steps to Hard Reset iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus
Follow the steps below to Force Restart or Hard Reset iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. Press the Volume Up button and quickly release it. Next, press the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
2. Now, press and hold the Power button (Side button), until the screen goes black and you see Apple logo appearing on the screen of your iPhone.
3. Release the Power button and wait for your iPhone to completely restart.
2. Hard Reset iPhone 8 using Assistive Touch
Here is another way to Reset iPhone 8, in case you do not like the idea of using Volume and Power buttons to Force Restart your device.
1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > scroll down and tap on Touch option located under “Physical & Motor” section.
2. On the Touch screen, tap on AssistiveTouch.
3. On the next screen, toggle on the option for AssistiveTouch.
Once the option for AssistiveTouch is switched ON, you will immediately see the Assistive Touch button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
All that you need to do is tap on the Assistive Touch button and follow the steps below to Force Restart iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus phones.
1. Tap on the AssistiveTouch button (See image below).
2. On the pop-up menu, tap on the Device option.
3. In the Device menu, tap on the More option.
4. In the more menu, tap on the Restart option.
5. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Restart to confirm
You will immediately see the screen of your iPhone going black and Restarting with Apple Logo.