If you do not want certain Photos on your iPhone to be seen by others, you can easily hide them within the Photos App. You will find below the steps to Hide Photos on iPhone.
Hide Photos On iPhone
When you hide Photos on iPhone, the Photos App creates a new Hidden Photos Folder and moves the selected Photos to this Folder.
Once the Photos are hidden, they will not be visible in the original Photo Album from which they were hidden and they will also not be visible in “All Photos” view of the Photos App.
However, the Hidden Photos will still be available in Hidden Photos Folder and this Folder cannot be locked or password protected.
If you are interested in password protecting Photos, you can take a look at this guide: How to Truly Hide & Password Protect Photos on iPhone.
1. Steps to Hide Photos on iPhone
Follow the steps below to hide a single or multiple photos on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone and tap on Albums tab located in the bottom menu
2. Open the Photo Album where the Photos are located and tap on the Select option located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. Select Photos that you want to hide and tap on the Share icon located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
4. Scroll down the Share menu and tap on Hide option.
5. On the Confirmation pop-up, tap on Hide X items to confirm.
The selected Photos will be immediately moved to Deleted Photos Album within the Photos App and they will no longer appear in All Photos and Albums.
2. Unhide Photos on iPhone and iPad
At any time you can unhide the hidden photos on iPhone by following the steps below.
1. Open the Photos app and tap on Albums tab in bottom menu.
2. On the Albums screen, scroll down and tap on Hidden.
3. Once you are in Hidden Folder, tap on Select button located at top-right corner.
4. Select Photos that you want to unhide and tap on Share icon located in bottom menu.
5. On the Share menu that appears, scroll down and tap on Unhide option.
The Hidden Photos will be immediately moved back to the original Album from which they were deleted.