Phones made by Xiaomi come pre-installed with their own keyboard called the Sogou Keyboard. This default keyboard has Chinese characters which users in USA and Canada find confusing. Hence, this post providing the steps to download and Install the Google Keyboard on Xiaomi Phones.
Install Google Keyboard on Xiaomi Phones
Follow the steps below to download and install the Google Keyboard on your Xiaomi phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Xiaomi Phone
In case you do not have the Google Play Store installed on your Xiaomi phone, you can make use of our guide: How to install Google Play Store on Xiaomi Phones.
2. Next search for Google Keyboard in the Google Play Store and tap on the first option that pops up
3. Next tap on the Green Install button to install the Google keyboard to your Xiaomi Phone
Make Google Keyboard Default On Xiaomi Phones
Even after installing the Google Keyboard, Xiaomi’s Sogou keyboard will still remain as the default keyboard on your device. Hence, you need to follow the steps below to make Google Keyboard as the default keyboard on your Xiaomi phone.
1. From the Home Screen of your Xiaomi phone, tap on Settings
2. On the Settings Screen, scroll down to “System & Device” section and tap on Additional Settings (See image below)
3. On the Additional Settings screen, tap on Language & input.
4. Next, tap on Current Keyboard option, located under section “Keyboards & Input Methods”.
5. From the pop-up, tap on Choose Keyboards (See image below)
6. On the next screen, enable Google keyboard by tapping on the slider next to it (See image below)
7. Next, you will see an Attention pop-up at the bottom of your screen, tap on OK
8. Now go back to the previous screen by tapping on < Language & Input link located at the top left corner of your screen (See image below)
9. On the next screen, tap on Current Keyboard
10. You will see a pop-up at the bottom of your screen, tap on Google keyboard.