iTunes launching itself, whenever you connect iPhone or iPad to the computer can be annoying. You will find below the steps to Stop iTunes Opening Automatically on computer.
Stop iTunes Opening Automatically On Computer
The default setting in iTunes is to launch itself automatically on your Windows computer or Mac, whenever it detects an Apple device being connected to the computer.
While this feature can be useful in some cases, it can be annoying when your intention most of the times is to only charge your device.
Fortunately, it is possible to stop iTunes from opening automatically on your computer by disabling the Auto Sync option in iTunes.
1. Stop iTunes From Opening Automatically On Computer
Follow the steps below to Stop iTunes opening automatically, whenever an iPhone or iPad is connected to your Windows Computer or Mac.
1. Connect iPhone to your Computer using its supplied Lightning to USB cable.
2. As expected, you will see iTunes opening automatically on your computer.
3. In iTunes, click on the iPhone icon as it appears just below the top menu bar in iTunes.
4. Next, click on the Summary tab in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to “Options” section and uncheck Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected option.
Un-checking auto-sync option will prevent your iPhone from automatically syncing to iTunes and you will no longer see iTunes opening automatically, whenever your iPhone is connected to computer for charging.
2. Stop iTunes Opening Automatically Using Preferences Tab
Another way to stop iTunes from opening automatically on computer is by going to the Device Preferences in iTunes.
1. Connect iPhone or iPad to computer using its supplied Lighting-to-USB cable.
2. You will see iTunes opening automatically as soon as you connect iPhone to the Computer.
3. In iTunes, click on Edit tab in top menu bar and click on Preferences in the drop-down menu.
4. On Devices Preferences screen, click on the Devices tab and check Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically option.
5. Click on OK to save this setting in iTunes.
This will ensure that iTunes will not open automatically on your Computer, whenever you connect your iPhone or iPad for charging and other non-iTunes related tasks.
In case you need to do something in iTunes, you can always launch iTunes by clicking on the iTunes shortcut on your Computer.