You can make PayPal as the default mode of payment on iPhone and make purchases on iPhone using PayPal, instead of linking your Credit Card or Bank Account to iPhone.
Make Purchases on iPhone Using PayPal
Apple now provides the option to use PayPal as the default option for making purchases on iPhone using Apple Pay. In-fact, you can even use PayPal to pay for Apple services like iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, iBooks and iCloud.
Once PayPal is linked to your Apple ID, you will be able to use PayPal’s One Touch feature to make purchases on all Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
In case you are not aware, the “One Touch” feature in PayPal basically allows users to make purchases, without having to login to their PayPal Account, every time they make a purchase using iPhone.
Since, PayPal does not share your Bank, Credit Card, Country and Region information with Apple, you should be able to download Apps that are not available in your Country or Region.
How to Add PayPal to Apple Pay on iPhone
All that is required to use PayPal on iPhone is to link your PayPal Account to iPhone.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID Name.
2. On the Apple ID screen, tap on Payment and Shipping option.
3. On Payment & Shipping screen, tap on your existing Payment Method (Credit Card or None).
4. On the Payment Type screen, select PayPal and tap on Next.
5. On the next screen, provide your First Name, Last Name and tap on the Sign in to PayPal link.
Next, follow the on-screen instructions to Sign-in to your PayPal Account and Agree to the “Terms and conditions”.