If Voice Navigation is delayed or not working on iPhone, you will find below the steps to fix the problem of Delayed or No Sound in Google Maps on iPhone during navigation.
No Sound In Google Maps On iPhone
If you cannot hear any Sound during Voice Navigation in Google Maps, it is most likely that you may have accidentally muted or disabled the sound in Google Maps.
If the Sound appears to be delayed during Voice Navigation, the problem is due to Google Maps being set to play Voice Navigation over Bluetooth.
With this understanding, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to fix the problem of delayed sound or No Sound in Google Maps on iPhone.
1. Enable Voice Navigation
Make sure that Voice Navigation is enabled for Google Maps on your iPhone.
1. Open Google Maps and tap on 3-line icon located at the top-left corner.
2. From the menu that appears, select the Settings option.
3. On Google Maps settings screen, select the Navigation tab.
4. On the next screen, select Unmuted option and set volume level to Normal or Louder.
Note: You can also Unmute Google Maps by tapping on the Speaker icon that appears in Google Maps in Navigation mode.
After this, you should have no problem hearing Sound in Google Maps, while you are in navigation mode.
2. Disable Voice Over Bluetooth
Bluetooth has a tendency to temporarily disconnect while it is not being used. This can result in voice navigation sound being delayed or disrupted.
The soloution in this case is to prevent Google Maps from using Bluetooth speakers of your car to play navigation voice.
1. Open Google Maps > tap on 3-line icon located at top-left corner and select Settings option in the menu that appears.
2. On the Settings screen, select Navigation > and toggle OFF the option to Play voice over Bluetooth.
This should fix the common problem of delayed Voice Navigation in Google Maps on iPhone.
3. Turn OFF Bluetooth
Sometimes Bluetooth can interfere with Cellular network and this can lead to Google Maps not working on iPhone.
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > turn OFF Bluetooth by moving the toggle to OFF position.
After disabling Bluetooth, see if the problem of No Sound in Google Maps on iPhone is fixed.
4. Reboot iPhone
Sometimes, the problem can be caused by stuck apps and processes on your device. This can be fixed by rebooting your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > scroll down to bottom and tap on Shut Down.
2. Restart your iPhone and you should now find Google Maps working properly on your device.