If Notifications are not working on iPhone, you are likely to miss important messages, emails, and other alerts. You should be able to fix this problem using methods as provided below.
Notifications Not Working on iPhone
In many cases the issue of Notifications not working on iPhone is due to Notification Previews being accidentally disabled, iPhone being in Do Not Disturb Mode and other easy to fix reasons.
You will find below some of the most common reasons for Notifications not working on iPhone and the steps to fix them.
1. Restart iPhone
Starting with a simple fix, Restart iPhone and see if this helps in fixing the problem of Notifications not working on iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Shut Down.
2. On the next screen, use the Slider to Power OFF iPhone.
3. After the iPhone is powered Off, wait for about 30 seconds and Restart iPhone.
This method works, if the problem of iPhone not displaying Notifications is due to a minor software glitch.
2. Enable Notification Previews
It is possible that you may have accidentally disabled the option to show notifications previews.
1. Go to Settings > Notifications >tap on Show Previews option.
2. On the next screen, tap on Always (Default option).
Note: Select When Unlocked option, if you do not want to see Notifications on the Locked screen of your iPhone.
3. Turn OFF Do Not Disturb
A common reason for Notifications not working on iPhone is due to iPhone being placed in “Do Not Disturb” mode.
1. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > move the toggle next to Do Not Disturb to OFF position.
Note: You can allow certain Contacts to bypass Do Not Disturb Mode.
4. Allow Notifications For Specific Apps
Make sure Notifications are allowed for all the Apps from which you want to receive Notifications on your device.
1. Go to Settings > Notifications > tap on the App from which you are not receiving notifications.
2. On the next screen, make sure Allow Notifications option is turned on (green).
5. Check Ringer Position
If you are unable to hear Notifications on your iPhone, take a look at the switch on the left side of your iPhone. If the switch is set to silent position, you won’t hear notification sounds.
Move the switch to Ring Mode and you will start hearing Notification Tone, whenever Notifications are received on your iPhone.
If the switch is set to Ring mode and you are still not receiving notification sounds, you can take a look at this article: No Sound on iPhone? Try These Tips.
6. Reset All Settings
If above methods did not help, the problem might be due to incorrect or corrupted Settings on your iPhone.
Note down your WiFi Network name and Password and follow the steps below Reset All Settings on your device.
1. Go to Settings > General > Reset
2. On the next screen, tap on Reset All Settings option.
3. On the Confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset to Confirm.
After the Reset process is completed, you will have to connect back to your WiFi & Cellular Networks.